Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Warning impending rule change in classifieds

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I did try and avoid this ...

Fooks sake kids ...It's a forum and there are rules...and in this case there fooking rules ,suck it up.

Just use your brains and rename your threads it's not a big deal.

BNIB= "Previously owned but un-used " ...is it really that hard ?

If it stops people making a sneaky profit off there supposed brethren then all the better ...The guys your undercutting are the same people your asking for sponsorship off ...

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I will tell you why because you and I on loads of occasions have had this same conversation re selling new goods and buying a banner, every Mod on here has stopped people from killing you when you did it every time you posted! So for you to then start getting all what about platnium section is just a waste of time because you already know because we have had the disscusion before! Or have you forgotten all the times?
With all respect due to a moderator, Canute had a better chance of getting a result than arguing with Mikey.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Does this new rule mean i cant sell a brand new condom:eek: well the one that came in the box with my new marker that i didnt like;)

"secondhand Ego 09, unused ever since it left the factory " is wording it that way ok:confused::D

or

"Secondhand Jersey, ive owned this from new , but never worn"

"Pair of pants, just recieved these today, but since ordering i have gained an extra 20 stones"

or mabe

"secondhand hopper, i am the first owner.This is my backup hopper, my main hopper is so reliable that i never got the chance to use it , so its been kept in its sealed box the past week."

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Now what if there was a specific items that UK retailers could not get hold of. Say for instance, a certain brand battery pack or a special piston. You go a head and order it from outside the UK, then either its not the item you need anymore when it arrives, or you bought 1 too many.

If these certain items are never going to be sold by UK retailers, i dont see how it could do any harm or affect the UK retailers listing this BNIB , or do we have to buy a banner to sell this 1 item ?

Would listing this as BNIB still be out of the question ?

G

Gassy

Order what you need not 1 too many:rolleyes:

a barrel sock "like new" should be enough for anyone.

If a blatant attempt to sell a BNIB item is made by fancy wording to get round it,The item will be deleted then the offender will be banned.

The_neB

#42 Sneaky Snorkels 2
May 14, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs, UK
just a little question -

i used to use dye i3s ordered 2 lens 1 for the goggs n a spare - i changed to jts about 6 months later and end up with an unopened spare lens that's never been used - and i know that i'm not the only person in the world that will have done this - how many people changed to grills the second they came out - how can any1 suggest that i am trying to undercut banner owners when i've had said lens in my possesion for 6 months

i am now getting punished for other people's greed so i am no longer able to sell an item that i bought simply to be safer had i damaged the lens in my goggs i wanted to know i had a spare

alot of people buy spare parts for their markers then 6 months later they get the next new marker - if they never use the spares they're still new so should they now have to keep the spares kit they no longer need?

i think some the new rule might cause issues i can understand why you might need to do this but cant see how it will serve to do anything of use

the people who buy things at events and bring them back will probably contiue to do so and they will just work out some way around this ruling cos they want to keep making a profit to help pay for going to events abroad, while the innocent people like myself who have kit left over after a desire to ensure i have everything i might need in any eventuality are going to suffer from being unable to sell said items on the forum

Ben

The_neB

#42 Sneaky Snorkels 2
May 14, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs, UK
i'm merely pointing out that there are alot of cases when something can be in a brand new condition - possibly even still sealed and be being sold for a perfectly legitimate reason

at least that was what i was trying to do - but it was early so i ended up typing rubbish

G

Gassy

We as stated are not going to answer every senario that anyone can think of as the possibilities are endless.

In your case sell the lense as a spare with the used mask then you won't have a problem.

The_neB

#42 Sneaky Snorkels 2
May 14, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs, UK
ok first i no longer have the goggs that said lens was for -

second the lens is already for sale, was just being used as an example

and thirdly (the being the real point i was trying to make) i buy almost all my gear from UK businesses (the exception being things i buy off the forums) i have no interest in doing otherwise as that only damages the sport's growth in this country -

the problem as i see it is that other people are able to get items at a lower price and bring them into the country, the fact that markers are so much cheaper abroad (not the fault of UK retailers i know) is the real problem and whatever measures you may try to impose on the forums to stop them are likely to be ignored or avoided, the new rules may slow them down for a short while but in the long term they'll be around till we have more reasonable prices compared to abroad (again i am not blaming the UK retailers)

i just feel that an outright ban of brand new items is in no way going to prevent the problem and while i simpathise with the companies who pay for the banners (and whoever has to try and find a solution to the growing problem of people who try n make some money on the side) i feel that it would be far more constructive to try dealing with people getting away with bring items into the country without having to pay tax than trying to inforce rules on the forums which will only get side-stepped by those who they are aimed to stop

Ben