The Home Of European Paintball

What Do You Do?

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Similar to Twisty...

Graduated a few years ago with a degree in Games Software Development and it was the biggest waste of time effort and money. I've worked for a few games developers doing various things such as level design and testing (trust me it ain't as fun as it sounds). But the games industry is a generally very cynical and boring business to work in now. If you want to do anything decent you either need a Maths degree for programming or a Fine Art degree for the design side. Not many developers will look at people who have these gimmicky and vague 'Games Development' degrees.

These days I'm working in a rather dull IT support job, it's biding the time while I get my portfolio together and it pays the bills. Keeping my options open as to what I'd like to do, I'd like to work in some capacity in the paintball industry but opportunitys are few and far between.

davejeff66

I hate paintball.
Apr 20, 2004
Prison
yeah, "sank" is being polite. i knew a few people involved in that - shame really. which developer did you play with?

davejeff66

I hate paintball.
Apr 20, 2004
Prison
Semi-threadjack, just interested. Lionhead sounds pretty impressive, I did a bit of journalism so I probably reviewed some of your produce...

size 6 feet

Mar 28, 2004
coventry
Visit site
i am a chef for the past 19years and kids stop at school its not all glamour like jamie oliver and gordon ramsey money and hours are ****e .i just wish id have been artistic and followed my passion for tattoos :eek: