Status
Not open for further replies.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by Baca Loco
it's to move THEM ALL to a more appropriate place.:) :)
You need to start taking your meds again.

You are doing this all for something that doesn't exist (post on events outside Europe) in the vain hope that this will make it exist?

You know what, you are right. If you piss off enough of the British tourny organisers then there won't be any posts or discussion about them. Then you will be able to get posts about events from your country :rolleyes: yeah right as if that will work.

Now I can see an ulterior motive! But it's a joke (as is my pointing it out because that can't be a serious reason!)

You are penalising people that do post here and that help make this board what it is in an effort to get people that don't post here TO post here? You must be kidding somewhere.

manike

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by FAMINE
Errrrrrr,
How insulting is that?

Urban is a member of the same team, yes.

But hell thats not the reason he is backing pesty,
Its because he has his OWN opinion, although that is a rare thing here these days it does still exist.

We may be on the same team, but believe me, there is very little we can all agree on and fight like crap over our opinions. So please have a little respect for someone and let them have the right to their own opinion.

Buddah, i always thought of you as a good mod, but that comment sucked!

As for urbans post, where did it go?
Relax fella.

It was meant more towards Baca in the sense that Urban does sort of 'have a say' in what went on, because despite being relatively new, he knows what happened. That's all. I agree, could have been better worded, but wasn't meant to be a slur on anyone...

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
I agree chipster...

Well open invitation to apoc stag do come sup air training this weekend.

ALL are welcome, big bonfire and beers. Lets sit round the campfire and argue, talk and fight :)

Anyone up for it?

ukjay@ntlworld.com

Robbo, we could even sort ya your own little seat, feel free to come along and slap seven bells o crap outa pesty, he has a broken leg at the moment so would be easy enough. Hell we might even help you if he is drunk enough to not remember ;)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
One more time

Originally posted by FAMINE
Baca,
if you cant advertise events in tourney, cant talk to your mates about whos going in tourney, cant talk about it after in tourney.

Isnt it gonna be a little empty ;)
Just think how much fun Announcements, Contacts & Queries is gonna be!

As to Urban's post he is welcome to his opinion(s), he is also welcome anytime to express them here. He is not welcome to go out of his way to offend (even Robo) with repetitious and extreme vulgarity and even then I only deleted his post, as I said, to give him an opportunity to cool down so things wouldn't move to a point I don't believe anyone really wants. (And before you ask why don't I delete Robo's post as some might view it the same way there are limits even to my powers. :) )
If Urban is determined to make a repeat performance of that post I'm sure he knows how to get hold of Robo.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
I've put them all in one bottle

Originally posted by manike

You need to start taking your meds again.

You are doing this all for something that doesn't exist (post on events outside Europe) in the vain hope that this will make it exist?

You know what, you are right. If you piss off enough of the British tourny organisers then there won't be any posts or discussion about them. Then you will be able to get posts about events from your country :rolleyes: yeah right as if that will work.

Now I can see an ulterior motive! But it's a joke (as is my pointing it out because that can't be a serious reason!)

You are penalising people that do post here and that help make this board what it is in an effort to get people that don't post here TO post here? You must be kidding somewhere.

manike
1) A vocal minority is, for the moment, determined to be upset, agitated and put off by some perceived slight and change in the status quo. I have no control over that.
2) I'm sure that in no time at all--particularly after this huge brouhaha--that any inconvenience will soon be a thing of the past and everyone will adjust.
3) no one is being penalized--only asked, and assisted, in moving a select group of posts from one forum to another. Not really a big deal to any reasonable person no matter how you slice it.

Urban

Oct 31, 2001
Beds, UK
Visit site
One more time

Originally posted by Baca Loco

Just think how much fun Announcements, Contacts & Queries is gonna be!

As to Urban's post he is welcome to his opinion(s), he is also welcome anytime to express them here. He is not welcome to go out of his way to offend (even Robo) with repetitious and extreme vulgarity and even then I only deleted his post, as I said, to give him an opportunity to cool down so things wouldn't move to a point I don't believe anyone really wants. (And before you ask why don't I delete Robo's post as some might view it the same way there are limits even to my powers. :) )
If Urban is determined to make a repeat performance of that post I'm sure he knows how to get hold of Robo.
Good Morning...

I'm well away of the history between Robbo and some members of my team. I kinda spotted a certain, shall we say, tenseness, in almost every post that has come up between Pestie, Famine and Robbo, and inquired as to what was what. I had to go back a few months and read quite a bit of the boards, around January time I think, to get an idea of where the problems lay.

I was cool when I posted it, and I'm still cool now, but just can't be bothered to type the whole thing out again. What he said was wrong, plain and simple, and deserved the response I gave it. That wasn't an off the cuff post. I actually went and had a bath before coming back and posting. Believe me, every word in it was carefully selected.

Whether against my team mate of mine or anyone else the response would have been the same. While I do understand the history, and can view it impartially regardless of what anyone else may think, that is no excuse for an arrogant and inconsistant attitude.

Some people can post up what they think, insult, and end up in a discussion over their points. Others get banned before they even get to the insult part.

Baco had already suggested Nick repost before this even got off the first page, suggesting an admission by him that it was wrong to delete it in the first place and that a mistake had been made. Had the matter been left at that we wouldn't even have got the stage where I posted... the matter would have been done and dusted. 2-3 weeks ago Robbo didn't even know who Baco was, and was even suggesting he was someone he wasn't... now he's a Mod.

Ban people by all means, it's your forum. But please adopt a consistant attitude across all Mods. While, as TJ has pointed out, the owners have a business plan it is starting to look like they have no idea how to run a forum.

I've been a Mod myself, we had 2000 active members, not just numbers. As Manike has already pointed out, and I would pretty much agree with him having been here nearly 4 months now, out of your 2700-odd you have maybe 200-300 actually posting. Personalities do come onto it, insults will get thrown, differences of opinion will happen, things will get out of hand. When they do it is down to the Mods to behave consistantly and without emotion. Unbiased, fair, and consistant is the only way to avoid accusations of a clique. I thought I could do that and ended up handing in my Mod-ship after 2 months as I found myself posting up exactly the sort of sh1te Robbo did upon banning Pestie. Something about the old chesnut of 'absolute power...." I think.

You do have a clique, it's entirely normal. Every forum I've ever been to where people are linked in anyway by real life gets accusations of a clique. The only way to deal with it is to ignore it and ensure you are impartial, while driving forward with the vision of what you want the forum to become. The accusations will stop.

I've already suggested long-term stickies for each forum, covering both FAQ's and some of the repetetive questions you get asked. That probably also needs to be expanded to include a sticky entitled something like "Read this before you post here" detailing exactly what is and isn't acceptable with the forum in question.

I will thank you for removing the post, as it has allowed me to post this up.

I don't need to bother about a 'repeat performance' of that post... it is available to view elsewhere if anyone had a particular desire to do so.

Urban

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Famine, Urban, as you well know, there has been 'history' between myself and some of your team members.
Pesty has consistently been yanking my chain, and then you all go running for cover and apologies abound from every corner of Team Apocalypse in an effort to calm things down.
Now leave me alone !!!!!!!!!!!
Gone is the time when a smiley face or a seeminlgy light hearted offer of conciliation from yourseves is gonna defuse the situation.
People like Pesty just don't know when to stop and are the sort of people who are the first to scream like a bitch when things come on top for them.
I thought all animosity had been buried (leastwise on my part it was) and it's you guys who keep winding me up.

Robbo

Status
Not open for further replies.