Not open for further replies.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Said like a true dictator

Originally posted by Baca Loco
1) A vocal minority is, for the moment, determined to be upset, agitated and put off by some perceived slight and change in the status quo. I have no control over that.
Baca, at the moment the only people vocal enough to support the current regime are yourself, TJ and Robbo. Now I appreciate they are the only people that are needed, since they own this place and have full rights to do as they wish. But I would say by far that the MAJORITY who are posting on the subject are stunned by the lack of common sense being applied.

To say it's a minority is interesting. Care to give us some figures of how many different ID's have logged in over the last two days? the most I saw online was about 50 users.

SO 3 people think it's ok. about 20ish think it's nuts and 27 can't be arsed to voice an opinion for whatever reasons.

Shall we ask Robbo to do the maths? :D

To be honest Pete, has always been the biggest advocate of tournament play and I am suprised that he advocates the moving of so many related threads out of the tournament forum.

manike

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Said like a true dictator

Originally posted by manike

To be honest Pete, has always been the biggest advocate of tournament play and I am suprised that he advocates the moving of so many related threads out of the tournament forum.

manike
Si, what happened here is not as simple as it first seems !
Firstly, I am not advocating in any way the displacement of tournament related posts from their relevant forum.
I think what happened initially was a mistake but this quickly became the excuse for a rather inappropriate attack on mods who are just trying to do a job, a job that none of us get paid for.
Now, when people like TJ get 'so' involved, then things are going pear shaped.
TJ, is an extremely bright, extremely well informed young man, he is not prone, generally speaking to confrontation or ill-informed opinion.
If he is kicking off, then believe me, you will see all the senior people of this site and magazine (Rancid, Mr Big and myself) support him to the hilt, no questions asked !!!

We have certain policies that we endeavour to uphold, to maintain, what we believe to be, a quality site.
What begun as perhaps a minor mistake was then turned into an all out attack on the moderators and by extension, the policy makers of the site.
You have already seen, as so succinctly pointed out by Budha, people's predisposition to hi-jack threads for their own ends (e.g. also Pestilence).
We just get a bit tired sometimes, that is all, we all make mistakes but that does not give people the right to question every aspect of our policy or management.
TJ, as well as all other mods, are tired of seeing posts that are best served by email, we all do it I know, but there is a limit, and quite often, we reach that limit very quickly.
Now this site, is not here for the convenience of site owners to run their businesses, and when they can't get their own way, hit us with the moral card of responsibilities that we should hold for the UK tourney scene, that was a frikkin insult to us.

Nick runs his site to make money, pure and simple, no argument, no bull****, don't even try to tell me any different, and for him or anybody else to try and suggest that we are preventing him from doing his philanthropic best for the UK tourney scene by moving his post is both ignorant and misleading.

This discussion / argument, is going nowhere !!

Robbo

rancid

Mother, is that you?
You know Manike, I was starting to think you were just misunderstood.

The board mods have decided to implement a few changes and you have made something like 30+ posts on the subject.

Why?

And, now Apocolypse have come out for another bite... and their only motivation seems to be to have a go, cos normally they don't come on here.

I am really sorry this board isn't good enough for you guys. I'm glad to hear that some of you are going, and I'd strongly recommend that anyone else who is not happy does the same.

It's dead simple - just go and we'll all be happy.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by rancid

The board mods have decided to implement a few changes and you have made something like 30+ posts on the subject.

Why?

And, now Apocolypse have come out for another bite... and their only motivation seems to be to have a go, cos normally they don't come on here.

I am really sorry this board isn't good enough for you guys. I'm glad to hear that some of you are going, and I'd strongly recommend that anyone else who is not happy does the same.

It's dead simple - just go and we'll all be happy.
As I said in an earlier post, will be great in here without all the people who are 'unhappy' :rolleyes: note the majority of people who have commented are regular posters!
Last one out turn off the lights???

Paul.
:D

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Thankyou very much for that post Pete. I think the best of the current staff to mod the tourny forum would be yourself due to your knowledge and involvement in the said scene being discussed. (I appreciate you are busy though) Currently the moderation is not sympathetic to the scene and people posting there and their needs.

I think this was an issue before Nick's posts to be honest, it just came to a head after that and in his thread.

I agree Nick is in it this to make money, but he is also providing a service to all the tournament players which is not easy to come by for us. There's nothing wrong with many money while doing that.

I have on previous occassions tried to e-mail TJ and yourself but your profiles do not provide e-mail addresses and so that doesn't make it an easy thing to do. Very few of the mods are easy to e-mail so it makes discussing concerns by e-mail very difficult.

I have one question left... Rancid = Steve Duffy?

It would be nice to get a sensible solution to this so we can get back to our mundane lives :D

manike

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by rancid

Why?
The simple answer is because I care about paintball and the whole scene.

It's the same reason I pay out of my own pocket to travel the world and promote paintball by writing articles for the web.

It's the same reason I frequent many boards and try to help people with technical issues and getting started and being part of this sport.

manike

(ugh makes me sick reading what I wrote above! (even though true) I do a lot of work for charity but don't like to talk about it .... :D )

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Thankyou very much for that post Pete. I think the best of the current staff to mod the tourny forum would be yourself due to your knowledge and involvement in the said scene being discussed. (I appreciate you are busy though) Currently the moderation is not sympathetic to the scene and people posting there and their needs.

I think this was an issue before Nick's posts to be honest, it just came to a head after that and in his thread.

I agree Nick is in it this to make money, but he is also providing a service to all the tournament players which is not easy to come by for us. There's nothing wrong with many money while doing that.

I have on previous occassions tried to e-mail TJ and yourself but your profiles do not provide e-mail addresses and so that doesn't make it an easy thing to do. Very few of the mods are easy to e-mail so it makes discussing concerns by e-mail very difficult.

I have one question left... Rancid = Steve Duffy?

It would be nice to get a sensible solution to this so we can get back to our mundane lives :D

manike

Si, my email is robbo@paintballgamesmag.com so no more problems in that dept.
If you wanna email TJ or Rancid, then just email me and I will pass it on, no probs.
As for Rancid's identity being the Duffster's?
Hee hee, nah, not by a long chalk mate !!
Rancid could actually play the game (paintball) whereas the Duffster could only 'talk' about it :)
But they are both northern *******s, both bright *******s, both know what they are talking about and both my bosses, so I will say no more :)
Laters
Pete

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot

manike
Not trying to blow my own trumpet (I'm not bendy enough), but there's also something to be said for someone who doesn't know most of the people as a moderator. A guy like that can hardly be accused of favoratism. Plus, what someone's position is within the paintball scene is usually really easy to deduct from their postings (except for Rancid, I fell off my chair when I found out who he is. It also made me laugh by the way).

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
You know Rancid is Fred Schultz?

Originally posted by TJ Lambini
Jeez, I thought that wuz 36-levels above top secret? Robo and Mr Big talk too much...but then everyone knows that.

peace
I heard he was a simple rec baller with no game :eek:

Just playing!

Paul
:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.