The Home Of European Paintball

what is it with non-US teams?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by MarkehB
I'm sure if anyone could raise the dosh it would be you.
Well, I suppose if I put my mind to it, I could, but what is my incentive?
To win something ?
Well, without in any way meaning to appear arrogant ( I promise), I have won everything there is to win so it comes down to a pride thingy.
If somebody came up to me and said, 'Hey Pete, here's a hundred grands worth of backing, go do it', I might consider it but until that time, I think I might just enjoy my time chillin with Backlash, sitting back and admiring the Russian Legion and spending loadsa time with my other half.......ahhhhhhh....bliss.... :)
Robbo

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Robbo

One tiny, tiny, little problem.............U got the dosh ? :)
Laters
Robbo
Are you trying to tell me with your contacts you couldn't get

A) free paint
B)Discount/Free equipment
C)PGI Sponsership
D)Lots of other sponsership
E)Somewhere to practice

C'mon who you trying to kid?? :)

Paul
:D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Paul_collier

Are you trying to tell me with your contacts you couldn't get
A) free paint
B)Discount/Free equipment
C)PGI Sponsership
D)Lots of other sponsership
E)Somewhere to practice
C'mon who you trying to kid?? :)
Paul
Well yeah, I suppose I could get them but I refer you to my previous post and also the team would need hard cash to pay for hotels, flights etc to make it easier for the younger player to commit himself.
Robbo

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Robbo

Well yeah, I suppose I could get them but I refer you to my previous post and also the team would need hard cash to pay for hotels, flights etc to make it easier for the younger player to commit himself.
Robbo
Yeah just read that post now lol

Yeah I can see your point for not wanting to do it but alot of it is having the contacts to do it!
The only people big enough to be able to back the team would be someone like AGD Europe or WDP and then you gotta ask why would they bother, so I guess we'll just continue to be seen to suck in the eyes of the yanks(not Corrosion) :rolleyes::eek::D

Paul.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by TJ Lambini
We should make you moderator/bouncer in here...like the drunk propping up the bar who's always there, but is together enough to handle himself when tha going gets tuff...

Want the job?

:p
Sure.......*Hiccup*
Do I get free beer?

Question for ya TJ....now that you Flashpoint boys seem to be sponsored and all, will you be attending any of the Millennium series? :D

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Play the Millennium Series

Pay your dues

Talk to anyone and everyone whole listen

Generate relationships with industry bods, talk to them as human beings - not gods and not cash cows

Get serious about your training (I think Robbo can vouch for us :) )

Promote, promote, promote

And the sponsors will come - has for us.

And Mr Big - about time we had some (vaguely) reasoned debate around here :) I will mail you soon about what Thunder are up to and it's your choice if you want to prop' us too, would be nice though :)

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
See, this is where it gets complicated

Originally posted by Al Woods
Mr Big has started to build a degree of animosity betwix Brits and Yanks. With us K2 Ultimate Baddasses being so awesome I suppose any bad comment about UK ball doesn't really apply to us AND we are officially Yanks this weekend (I found a way of getting cash buy the way for the weekend dude) which poses an odd situation.

Picture the scene.

500 crazy brits are foaming at the mouth trying to eat any Yank alive but wait, you see the sparkling blue outfits of the K2 baddasses amongst them?? so you ask yourself, did he fire six shots or only five...hang on, wrong scene....erm....do you (a) be hardcore and start an ole fashion western style bar brawl or do you (b) run like hell 'coz Corossion are big ugly baddasses?? Or do you (c) kiss n make up coz everone loves the Machine™?
Damn Latham I am glad you guys are playing with us this weekend. I wouldn't want to get into a brawl with 130 Brits on 6 Yanks. Well I have my trusty Keg o' beer handy so I am not scared:D

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
Re: See, this is where it gets complicated

Originally posted by cjohns

Damn Latham I am glad you guys are playing with us this weekend. I wouldn't want to get into a brawl with 130 Brits on 6 Yanks. Well I have my trusty Keg o' beer handy so I am not scared:D
Yeah don't you guys (not K2)(everyone at the mouth to lite a Yank up) come looking for Corrosion to beat our asses. We are the good guys remember. Besides we are headed to Nottingham for beer and Paintball. Not beer and brawlin! Not that I don't mind a good ol' fista cuffs after a gallon or 2 of beer! LOL Only Joking guys!:D

Mr Big

and his big purple helmet
Jul 3, 2001
In a big shoe
www.p8ntballer.com
Why are people making out that I was specifically trashing the Brits? My original statement, which I stuck to, was about all non-US teams. It was the rest of you that got a bee in your bonnets about defending British honour and all. Just fighting my corner!

And besides, what have the belgians ever done for us?