Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

When are we going to see some paintball footage with Google Glass?

matj

Mar 22, 2013
can anyone recommend a mask that provides really good eye clearance / lots of space in the frames for this sort of thing?
i bought some cheap n tacky video glasses at the start of the year (to get a hud / gun cam feed sort of thing going on) but haven't got round to trying to stuff one of the displays in a mask yet.
looking at my vents i suspect it could get a little pokey!
I would recommend a trip to a store buddy (ring in advance to see what they stock...make sure there is a decent range)

I can give you recommendations...other people can. But that doesn't mean your glasses are going to fit them. For example...i was told dye i4's were a silly choice with glasses. Well what do you know...mine fit as snug as a bug. I choose not to wear my glasses for PB though so its not really an issue for me. They are only for long distance reading... If an object moves i shoot it. read later. :LOL:

Hope you manage to get sorted though. As a starting point there is a section here: http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/masks-goggles/best-for-glasses
with recommendations (p.s. that's not me endorsing that particular website. just one which i know has a section for it). a good starting point.

hope it helps. my recommendation though...contacts (y)

strafingrun

Apr 2, 2010
chorley
looking around profilers seem to have a lot of space to fit stuff in, but starting to think the concern Liam raised is pretty valid, having a load of electronics and optics stuffed between the lens and your eyeballs is a freak accident waiting to happen...

also in regards to filming with google glass, isn't the camera offset past the eye anyway? surely any footage would look more or less like like a side mounted head cam, but with the added issue of the lens fogging?
Russcpb on youtube has got some good "eyes view" footage by sticking a key chain camera in front of his nose with the added benefit that it only costs 20 odd quid. something he points out though is that as the camera approaches the center line of your face, unless your using a stick feed or an offset hopper, all you see is hopper when shooting on play back.

HPUKer

Entity / Shootrtv
Jan 25, 2005
www.shootr.tv
www.andyb.tv
Gut feeling is these will be crap as a means to film paintball. I think it will be a gimmick shot with the gun obscuring most of the frame, barrel cam is already fairly gimmicky.

Still I like Glass as a concept, but won't be getting excited about it until they can integrate it into the eye/be worn as a contact lens.

Reactions: Robin Hood

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Gut feeling is these will be crap as a means to film paintball. I think it will be a gimmick shot with the gun obscuring most of the frame, barrel cam is already fairly gimmicky.

Still I like Glass as a concept, but won't be getting excited about it until they can integrate it into the eye/be worn as a contact lens.
haha not asking for much then!

Reactions: beanbag83 and matj
Oct 1, 2012
London
www.youtube.com

It's made to record exactly what you are seeing. So unless you play with your hopper in the way of your eyes, then it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
It's made to record exactly what you are seeing. So unless you play with your hopper in the way of your eyes, then it shouldn't be that much of a problem.
problem is there's only one camera, but we have 2 eyes, so with the camera filming from your right eye as shown, when you play out the left of a bunker, you're either going to see hopper or bunker, because it's only really your left eye that is looking down your barrel in that case. Even if you're like me and need to use your right eye in those circumstances, the camera is still offset so just because your eye can see it, doesn't necessarily mean the camera can.

I suppose the point is that yes, this films what you see when looking at things generally in front of you (kids, rollercoasters, roads). it's not going to accurately record what you see when you have a hopper 2 inches from your face.

kaoz69

Jun 21, 2012
london
The screen is placed over your right eye but to my knowledge the camera is placed in between your eyes on the lens frame

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Who cares about filming games with it? Any headcam can do that. Where it would be useful is having a HUD. You could use it to see anywhere on the field that a friend was filming with their glasses/phone/whatevs.

Could cheat like absolute f**k.

Reactions: Fordy