Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

which universities do paintballing?

Michael Merola

bust 3 hoppers in 1 day!
Aug 17, 2004
Milton Keynes / Birmingham
Kat,

Warwick do actually have a Paintball Club already set up, but in the past they have been based mainly on scenario stuff / rec-ball. They were looking to move to sup-air, with their first event being the Inter-Uni Cup - but they couldnt make it due to lack of players.

I also believe they have some bunkers and re-balls (someone mentioned it), have to confirm that though. If you would like the contact details, give me a pm.

Mike

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
@AJ:
:mad: WTF man, uni paintball is the perfect opportunity for players to better them self, their paintball and open their eyes to the world, and uni paintball is a brilliant, competitive and passionate thing to be involved in, and unless you are a "present day" uni baller or chairman of a club, then i cant see what use your derogatory, downgrading, generalist comments have in this thread.
I cant see how you fail to acknowledge AJs statements as anything but accurate.

Perhaps if you had more experience or a greater knowledge of the state of UK paintball then you wouldnt be so inclined to argue.

chrismrgn

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 2004
Over there ->
Visit site
Tdh if you are going to a Uni it is bound to be in a big city (Manc, Brum, Leeds etc...) so there are going to be good teams around you anyway, what ever standard the uni team is at if one exists.

So as far as taking the Uni team into account when you choose your uni...don't bother!

Yes it is nice to have a bunch of players around you at Uni, but if they are in the Uni team or just in other local teams...does it really matter?

Just my 2p as i chose my uni on the quality of the education, the people there, ohh an the nightlife :D LEEDS!!

HPUKer

Entity / Shootrtv
Jan 25, 2005
www.shootr.tv
www.andyb.tv
Manchester for example, awesome city, massive student scene, plus the uni aint the bad either :p

No Uni paintball club, but plenty of opportunity to play ball still with the likes of NQ on your doorstep, which opens the door to training with many manchester based teams.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Manchester for example, awesome city, massive student scene, plus the uni aint the bad either :p

No Uni paintball club, but plenty of opportunity to play ball still with the likes of NQ on your doorstep, which opens the door to training with many manchester based teams.
Problem solved....

oobermybeer

Uni Of Teesside Paintball
Feb 5, 2007
Middlesbrough
I cant see how you fail to acknowledge AJs statements as anything but accurate.

Perhaps if you had more experience or a greater knowledge of the state of UK paintball then you wouldnt be so inclined to argue.
mm, i know what you mean, he might be right about some stuff, but it felt like uni pb was being pissed on, and it felt like if he has the internal knowlage then fine, but inter uni is a great breeding ground for good players and passionate environment, and i couldnt see what proof their is that good plaers cant come from uni teams? :p

tommy"the gun"webb

So Manc mafia
Sep 26, 2005
+1 HQ

right i didnt read any of the posts but....manchester is the shiz niz as the girls have all got big boobs and dirty minds plus the drinks are cheap.....plenty of quality ballers and its home of eclipse so if you shoot an ego your sorted

peace ....

Dante

Oct 30, 2006
AJ, i will agree with you on only one post.

You should pick your uni based on course and what they can offer you, paintball should come second.

However as you reckon that "uni players will not contribute to a pool of skilled players" i have to majorly disagree.

Where else in life are you going to be able to dedicate the time and effort to a sport? In the "real world" there are going to be many other commitments that will *have* to take precedence over paintball i.e. work, rent etc.
At uni there will be lots of times and places where you will be able to train and learn to hone your skills.
Also, i dont know if this is true at other universities that portsmouth, there will be a lot of help and funding available for teams.
Now paintball is a fairly expensive sport, and every bit of help that is given monetarily means that we, as a team can train more, and therefore improve our skills.
Before you go slamming uni paintball would it not be worth asking if many top players picked up paintball at university, and then moved on to playing for an outside team?