Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Who wants PGI back?

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Digital mags always fail, just not the same experience. Kicking back with a brew, some biscuits and a PGI in hand was always sweet.

Be good to have a crack at making it work though, it would have to be a quarterly, a monthly would get real thin real quick.

So, who do I speak to about licensing rights? Robbo?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
If you want a print magazine then you have to pay for it. That means subscribed customers, advertising revenue and people running it to compile or produce content.

There are digital magazines available and they welcome content from the community.
If you want a magazine then put in the effort and submit content, then read it when its published.
If you want hardcopy to show people then the simple answer is to print it and use that

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
The bonus for me on mags like Adventures and PGi in the early days was the coverage of the UK scene. More recent publications tended to focus on stateside paintball, and mainly Sup air which as alway going to limit your audience. I still think there's a lot of good stuff going on at UK sites, it's just a pity there's no home grown printed media to publicise it nowadays. What we really need is something that gives good coverage of all aspects of the UK game, rental, woodsball, big game/scenario and tournament.

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The bonus for me on mags like Adventures and PGi in the early days was the coverage of the UK scene. More recent publications tended to focus on stateside paintball, and mainly Sup air which as alway going to limit your audience. I still think there's a lot of good stuff going on at UK sites, it's just a pity there's no home grown printed media to publicise it nowadays. What we really need is something that gives good coverage of all aspects of the UK game, rental, woodsball, big game/scenario and tournament.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paintball-Scene-UK-Digital-Magazine/137740312917544?ref=ts&fref=ts

Last edited:
Reactions: Thorpe
Jun 11, 2008
I've still got years worth of PGIs, facefulls, paintball adventures etc. it's great getting them out and having a read and looking at the old photos. Still remember the thrill of getting the first mention and it never got tired.
As Al says just kicking back and reading a mag beats the digital versions every time.

Reactions: Rat

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Thanks for the link tommikka - didn't know that existed

But it's still not a printed publication
At this stage we aren't going to be getting a printed publication.
But it does meet the criteria of:
What we really need is something that gives good coverage of all aspects of the UK game, rental, woodsball, big game/scenario and tournament.
Paintball magazines on newsagent shelves these days are a pipe dream.
It's either not going to happen, or someone will try it and loose money

Make the most of the 21st century and online media. Put together some content and contribute to Paintball Scene.
These things only happen if the reader makes the effort

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
Loved PGI and miss it like mad.

Would be ace for someone to bring it back, but like a few have said on here I think whoever did may make a loss. Too much free internet coverage of the sport makes people tight at paying out 4 or 5 quid a month. Which in itself sounds stupid when you consider we all love ballin and whats another few quid a month on it?

Still, it would be ace for someone to revive it.......I'm looking at you Mr Woods ;)

Reactions: Al Woods