Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Who's The Best In The Uk

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
The Tigers are the best team in the Uk at the moment.

The best players.......hmmm hard to tell really

"Just have a look at the 2k2 series scoreboard :"
1st place JCS Imperial
2nd place JCS Inferno Red
3rd Killer Clowns
4th Kellys
5th Banzai

And as for series 2k2, WHUT? I cant believe that people can honestly believe that series 2k2 results can be used to predict the future success of a team. In no way is JCS Imperial ready for pro, certainly not clowns...cant comment on Kellys cos I havnt seen them play much.
Back to my point, series 2k2 is jam packed with novice teams and I hear that Shock werent too impressed with the judging at STR either. All that taken in to account, a team that can whoop ass in series 2k2 will still get mowed in millennium or nppl events. Poor ol JCS Imperial needed to beat us at Campaign to make the semis..........bam, they didnt even come close yet Outkast have never played a series 2k2 event.
The proving ground of the nexus team's ability will be their performance against Tigers, Backlash, Outkast and Shockwave........the test will be their performance in the next millennium or nppl. I wish them good luck.

J

Johan

Yes, I will captain the team.
Wit Danny on the background helping me out.

Its a UK team and I live in Holland so......

We are comming back hard next seson.Whit two new big names.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by matski

And as for series 2k2, WHUT? I cant believe that people can honestly believe that series 2k2 results can be used to predict the future success of a team. In no way is JCS Imperial ready for pro, certainly not clowns...cant comment on Kellys cos I havnt seen them play much.
Back to my point, series 2k2 is jam packed with novice teams and I hear that Shock werent too impressed with the judging at STR either. All that taken in to account, a team that can whoop ass in series 2k2 will still get mowed in millennium or nppl events. Poor ol JCS Imperial needed to beat us at Campaign to make the semis..........bam, they didnt even come close yet Outkast have never played a series 2k2 event.
The original question was "Who are the best teams in the UK now that so many have split who really has got what it takes
to bust open games, whos got the skills to compete in Europe and America if not right now soon" - note the "if not right now" part, and the "best teams in the UK" bit at the front. No disrespect, but I've seen Outkast play about 2 tournaments this year so didn't feel able to judge just how good they are, hence why they aren't in my earlier post. Most of the teams I mentioned have been formed for well under a year & I think we mostly agree it takes a little while for a team to settle down, plus the top 4 in 2k2 have only played about one Millennium before Campaign. Of course, beating teams like Banzai in your first season obviously doesn't mean anything to you, but to answer the question "Who are the best teams in the UK" I have to look at who is performing month in, month out against teams like Kellys & Banzai as I haven't really got anything else to judge them against.

The tournament scene in the UK mostly consists of the 3 series that are run (2k2, MM & SWPL) & a few at Temple. With the exception of the longterm recognised UK pro teams like Shockwave & with the demise of Banzai & the Rushers, I have to name the top teams in series like these as the best in the UK.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Whos the best in North England......

I understand that Liz and my post wasnt aimed at you, I just used that list of results. My point is however that those series 2k2 results really dont mean a fat lot as they are not representative of the whole of the uk, the competition wasnt that hard (with the exception of banzai rip) and many teams from the south didnt bother to attend. Im suprised shock made the trip to be honest!

Originally posted by matski

'Back to my point, series 2k2 is jam packed with novice teams and I hear that Shock werent too impressed with the judging at STR either'.

I'm sure that Shockwave are well aware that this was a charity event and will not loose any sleep over any decisions that may not, rightly or wrongly, gone there way.

The midland masters and 2k2 may have a lot of novice teams playing but didn't we all start somewhere?

These teams turn up every month and practice in between and are getting better every time and its the same for the teams at the top of the pile.

Nexus showed real potential on sunday and don't forget this is a squad that is not yet complete and have rarely played together.

Kellys, what can you say, I don't think they dropped a game all weekend - theys guys are a pleasure to watch and a great set of lads to know.

you can expect a lot more teams coming out of the Northern scene over the next few years because they play regular good quality events at decent sites with decent competition.

Mark my words;)

MORPHUS

Jul 11, 2001
feet up..........
paintball devide

i`d just like to add my tuppence worth.........

As i belong to a southern team that plays both up north,midlands and down south tournies.
i have to say that the competion,marshalling and general standard of tournies up north/midlands at present is far superior to anything down south..
the only good organised tournie down south at present is campaign..........
i fully recomend to any team considering playing further afield to try these tournies.............
laters
:D :D

Mike (Exodus)

Where's me cheese?
Nov 9, 2001
Manchester
>Nexus showed real potential on sunday and don't forget this is >a squad that is not yet complete and have rarely played >together.

Given that Nexus's back players were playing for the Rushers at STR they didn't do too badly. All they need is a bit of time to pull it together and who knows where they'll be this time next year.