Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Who's The Best In The Uk

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
I would say that Tigers are the top team right now. Then you have a pool of close behinds such as Shockwave, Backlash, Outkast, Kelly's, Ecstacy, and the new Nexxus squad. That is my opinion. The problem is the tournament circuits between the North and South are very split. So until they merge, will we really ever know who the best team is???

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Originally posted by Johan - Endurance
Yes, I will captain the team.
Wit Danny on the background helping me out.

Its a UK team and I live in Holland so......

We are comming back hard next seson.Whit two new big names.
Ok unless it missed something in the translation, if Backlash are to be playing at Am level next season, then who are the two "big" names...surely can't be Am level players

Just confused thats all, not really stirring it honest, someone will say something at the first outing of the reformed team, good result or bad. Or is it allowed to have two "Pros" ('cos that's the inferred meaning as I read it) in an Am team under Milleninum Rules.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Mark,

It is all done on transfers now, so they can all transfer from Pro to Am without a problem, they just can't leap straight back up again.

That is why Hellwood and Brutal Delux dropped down without a problem.

I don't know if the transfers start from each season or they are rolled over - i.e. they could play first Mill as Am then go back up if they wanted - Niall?

Pipstorm

Aug 22, 2002
Oxford
What's it all about ...

What everyone is saying on this thread has value - what ever the opinion. But no one on can predict the future, of who will beat the Americans - as that seems to be the target on eveyones lips.
If any player/team puts in the effort, time and training any one could become great - or as they say 'make it' in the paintball world.
It does not matter what area or leugue you play in only time will tell for us and them......

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by John[SAD]
Well this years Midlands masters finished:

1. Kellys
2. Tribe
3. NoXcuse :cool: :cool:

how about some southern league results????
That's one of the problems - there ISN'T a southern league at present. I know there are plans being made for an M25/South East league, & also some thinking about a championship for the best in each of the geographical leagues but right now there's nothing.
Teams are going to have to be prepared to travel more to get the best from round the country meeting up, though as someone who does an average 500 mile round trip each month to play 2k2 events I do understand the financial implications. And I'm afraid the onus will be on the southern teams until the M25 league gets going properly, as there isn't really anything going on down south except Temple and no disrespect to Clive but playing the same teams at the same site month after month on identical fields isn't quite the same as the big series,

The two big names Johann is referring to are Marko Van Poppodalous and Erik Van Reestenberger.

And quit worrying about tha US teams - our top guys will be locked into X-Ball next season and the only people they're gonna be playing is each other.

If I was on a top Euro Pro team I'd concentrate on being tha best In Europe and ignore tha US...or I'd be making sure that if a Euro X-Ball League was gonna kick off then my team was good enough to make tha cut.

Giles

Jul 17, 2001
Buckingham Palace
Visit site
>>And quit worrying about tha US teams - our top guys will be locked into X-Ball next season and the only people they're gonna be playing is each other.

>>If I was on a top Euro Pro team I'd concentrate on being tha best In Europe and ignore tha US...or I'd be making sure that if a Euro X-Ball League was gonna kick off then my team was good enough to make tha cut.

TJ may I take my hat off to you that is by far the most sane and to the point thing I have ever seen anyone get right in one sentence

Superb

Whilst we are busy saying who is the best in the UK we see an actual demise in the PRO sport that will have repercussions for a few months yet, watch the space

How do you all feel about Pros being on the scene for a period of years and never winning a single millenium, I couldnt put NPPL now (for my joke part)

some players I have seen in my 15 years will never get any better as they have gone as far as they can, they are stuck they are as good as they are gonna get

G

Too many people neglect raw talent - to be a world class Pro then sure, training and dedication are necessary, but without the raw talent and feel for tha game you can train 24/7 and still not be good enough.

Giles, I think 'winning ' is too strong - a lot of great Pros have never actually won an event - but agree with the principle. If you've been on the Pro secene for more than a three or four seasons and haven't made the finals of a Millennium/NPPl then either you ain't good enough, or your team is holding you back and it's timje to move on.

From what I know of tha existing Brit scene, Shockwave and Tigers are the only Pro teams to meet that criteria at present, though Outkast and Nexus haven't been around long enough to say which it's gonna go for them.

Giles

Jul 17, 2001
Buckingham Palace
Visit site
True they have not been around long enough

Shockwave as a Team took Chris Edwards and helped him with his talent, as we have with a few players out there today(Sam Keats & Colby, ED, Neil and the newer am players will pick up good experience in abundance, Bad Company as they were several years back, are responsible for making several of the countries top players to date as have NAM and Preds

Unfortunately customer and young players guage a player on what they have won and how well they do in events, whatever you may say a lot of peoples perceptions are in winning and not taking part

Nexxus are a very young team with a lot of work to be consistent
the first hurdle is getting to the first serious event as a team and I reccomend they start with things like STR, move on to Millenium and then when they can consistently perform move onto the States, but as you know my opinion is it will take them a few years to reach that standard of consistancy

Shock only started playing NPPL after making several finals in Millenium, after this enabled them to be able to cope with winning the Swedish leg of the Millenium, probably would not have won without that experience (valuable) but we were absolutely ripped apart by some un named individuals in the UK for even going after all we are just a bunch of Dinos

You must have been in the meat-grinder to understand that TJ
And I can assure you playing in the US is more than a difficult ride

Banzai made 1 final I know of, and we are seeing a new Tigers on the scene at present lets jugde them when they have been there a year or 2 shall we along with the other teams