Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why do the Euros want in on X?

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
its just a need to increase the standard of Euro 'balling so that Euro teams can compete with the US and whip their butts as you guys say.

playing with the best, against the best is the best way to become the best

sam

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
i can see that you get some amount of pleasure from putting me down..........:p

sam

as an announcer i am not cheap though, at least 5,000 squid a time:p

JTHM

American Prat
Oct 31, 2002
USA
Visit site
Excuse me for being a "Nay" sayer but, I don't forsee this X-ball format lasting more than a season.

Look, I'm not one to put down progression of the sport, but as cool as one might think X-ball to seem, I can't see it as a lasting format.

Hell, we've yet to see Speedball ( re: tourny ball) become entirely mainstream because of the lack of down and dirty rules that are to be enforced from circut to circut and country to country. Why on earth should we be convinced that this new version of the game will be the savior of our beloved game?

One of the biggest reasons this sport has retained it's popularity is that Men, Women and Children can play at a reasonable level playing field. Can anyone here say the same about Soccer, Football, Baseball, Cricket or countless other sports? Nope....you can't, nuff said.

I'm not going to put X-ball down altogether, but if if promoters can't put together a proven format together from event to event, year after year, why should we believe that this going to be anything different? How many score boards are going to be purchased? how many grandstands? how many fields? The logistics of it all seem to be out of the realm , this being judged by standard NPPL events.

I may be entirely wrong and rebuttals are more than welcome, but this is just my cynical attitutude comming through, and I believe to be right on the mark.

R

raehl

It'll be different because...

1) It's a whole lot of fun.

2) It's glorified centerflag, so an easy extension of existing tournament form.

3) The players want to.

The college players who played X Ball at Cup loved the format, and everyone is flaling over themselves trying to figure out how to pull together an X Ball based league for this spring or next year. everything else becomes trivial if its something players are actually willing to work/pay for. With NPPL player meeting attendence counted on one hand, that's quite the ringing endorsement.

- Chris

R

raehl

Simple.

One X-Ball match takes the place of one tournament.

Similar (per player) play time, similar (per player) paint usage. Just one team instead of 8.

Yes, it's expensive to play a multiple-match event, but that's not the way you should be playing it - should play one match every week to month vs. one team, and play out a season.

- Chris

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
Cos if

PSP goes for it teams will play two games a day, six games over a tournament, so it'll work out pretty much tha same in the end.

My 2c - if PSP goes with an all-X format in addition to the big 10 splitting into East/West Coast Conferences, I'll bet goiod money that while the big 10 continue playing X, the rest of tha league goes back to standard 10-Man 'ball by Chicago.

As for tha NPPL 7s, I think a lot will depend on whether Millennium throws its hat in with PSP or NPPL...we'll know a lot more in a few hours time.