Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why do the Euros want in on X?

tm167

Sleep when your dead
May 5, 2002
Worcester/exeter uni
i dont think x-ball is geared towards the main stream. If our sport wnats to become publicly known then we have to have a certain amount of professional seperation. Like in football. I mean u cant just go and play manu can u. You cant just enter the premiership. With more pro like teams comes more pro like fields ie x-ball

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by QuackingPlums
What's X-ball? :confused:
Clearly someone who doesn't read the best mag in the business (or any PB mags for that matter I would guess). Do a search on X-Ball on these boards, or find a nice friend who has September's(?) PGI & start reading.
Basically it's a new format of the sport where 2 teams of 10 (5 on the field at any one time) play for a set length of time & "score" by getting flag hangs. Once there has been a flag hang (goal) then you restart with 5 players again for each team until the game time is up. Not positive, but I think it's 1 hour divided into 4 quarters (might be 4 x 10 minute quarters though). Very fast, very exciting, VERY expensive!
Formally launched at an event in Pittsburgh this year with National teams competing - the US won.

Glorykid

The One and Only
Jul 9, 2002
MK
i think the way the nppl is going for next year, all stadiums 7-man then i see in 1 maybe 2 years it being the wppl with tourneys around the world, now in my view that appeals to me more than x-ball.

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
X-ball looks awesome

I for one would love the opportunity to play X-Ball, I tried out for the England team and nearly made the cut but, alas, wasn't good enough but I think X-ball kinda separates the real 'ball lovers that want to be at the top of the paintball food chain from the 'ballers that like to play but aren't that arsed about where they end up. It kinda cleans house and makes sure there is a top class level of ball with no chumps or sand-baggers.

Problem is, with the whole franchise ca$h money thing this also means that it'll be out of the reach of any of the teams that aren't fully backed or have super rich players on board and for us Euros/Brits who play ball in their spare time (coz that's the way it is) will never play at that level. Unless something along the lines of X-Ball is brought over then pond regularly ie. part of one of the many, many potential series' we will miss out. We NEED it!!

A bit like Ice hockey or baseball (kinda), everyone thinks it's cool right?? but when we do eventually get it we will be that far behind we won't ever have a chance of beating or playing anyone decent. If X-Ball really does take off as THE tournament style for the game then the Yanks are gonna own it and we will be nowhere, perhaps in 10 years time we'll get all the has beens shipped over who can't cut it back home. What needs to happen is that X-Ball can't be left Stateside to test the water then maybe bring it over if we feel like it, it needs to be brought over and grown as an entirity otherwise in a few years time there'll be an awesome 'World Series' but over here we'll still be running good, but not the best, sup'air events and fall way behind.

Yep, bored at work, felt a rant coming on so there it is.

Paintball rocks and we're all part of it in however small a quantity and we need to keep it global. :D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
X-ball looks awesome

Originally posted by Al Woods
I for one would love the opportunity to play X-Ball, I tried out for the England team and nearly made the cut but, alas, wasn't good enough but I think X-ball kinda separates the real 'ball lovers that want to be at the top of the paintball food chain from the 'ballers that like to play but aren't that arsed about where they end up. It kinda cleans house and makes sure there is a top class level of ball with no chumps or sand-baggers.

Problem is, with the whole franchise ca$h money thing this also means that it'll be out of the reach of any of the teams that aren't fully backed or have super rich players on board and for us Euros/Brits who play ball in their spare time (coz that's the way it is) will never play at that level. Unless something along the lines of X-Ball is brought over then pond regularly ie. part of one of the many, many potential series' we will miss out. We NEED it!!

A bit like Ice hockey or baseball (kinda), everyone thinks it's cool right?? but when we do eventually get it we will be that far behind we won't ever have a chance of beating or playing anyone decent. If X-Ball really does take off as THE tournament style for the game then the Yanks are gonna own it and we will be nowhere, perhaps in 10 years time we'll get all the has beens shipped over who can't cut it back home. What needs to happen is that X-Ball can't be left Stateside to test the water then maybe bring it over if we feel like it, it needs to be brought over and grown as an entirity otherwise in a few years time there'll be an awesome 'World Series' but over here we'll still be running good, but not the best, sup'air events and fall way behind.

Yep, bored at work, felt a rant coming on so there it is.

Paintball rocks and we're all part of it in however small a quantity and we need to keep it global. :D

Couldn't have said it better !!

And AL, I am pretty sure it wasn't a question of 'Not good enough', it was more of a question of not good enough on the day, there is a difference !!

Pete