Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X7 PHENOM FOR SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mephestic

Sep 1, 2012
Hey guys!
sorry I hadnt logged in here in a while and just saw this.

I got a full refund on the marker through paypal as they found the case in my favour and refunded me within a day; they simply requested I send the marker back to him and show proof of it being sent - I sent it special next day (retained proof) and spoke to paypal and they issued a refund.

Pete however never replied to any messages from myself or paypal through the dispute; I assume he carried out his threat of closing his bank account thinking they wont be able to get it off him that way; unfortunately for him Paypal stated, and this was pretty much there exact words when I asked them what happens if he closes his account :

"Oh dont you worry about that - we will chase that up ourselves".

Still however I would advise people be careful when buying a phenom as I imagine he will try offload it again through perhaps another account, through a friend of his or perhaps on one of the other paintball sites so best to stay vigilant.

I just want to thank the mods here and people for their support; this was my first paintball marker I bought having just got into the sport and it has left a sour taste in buying things 2nd hand - its a shame as I have bought other things here (a masks, vests etc) and no issues at all, exactly as described so I know he must have just been a bad apple.

I think I will go for something new just to save the hassle.

Special thanks to Foot & Bolter in mediating and the community in general for their support.

Meph

Reactions: dazzer35 and foot

Mephestic

Sep 1, 2012
Hi Guys o_O

We have got the gun in the shop and have had Tippmann looking at it, the gun was serviced at Stargate where the tippmann techs stripped the whole gun down and cleaned it all up.

Questions from the techs who looked at the gun today:

Since you had the gun how many times did you play with it ?

Why dose the board have grit and mud all over it ?

The grip looks like it has been swapped over from another phenom as looking at the pictures that is on here the grip has no white or red on the selector labels ?

Also there is a lot of play on the grip frame suggesting that it is from an earlier phenom ?

Also on the video how come you are shooting the gun on its side ?

Also on the video you are shooting paint which means the cyclone is feeding, how come when we got the gun to have a look at the air tube was snapped off "something that tippmann have never seen before" ?
I find this hilirious and incredible that within two weeks of me having that gun and it sitting in its box all those things could have happened?! /sarcasm.

Thats proof enough he sold a bloody dud the ch33ky sob.

The gun was used, at least when I bought it only once and that was the day I posted on this site complaining about it - I was at warfighters in Rugby where I finally got my tank filled with Air to test it out and it didnt fire as shown in the video - it was irrelevant whether I held it on its side or not it simply didnt work at all even holding it right.

As for the things you mentioned; I can only assume Pete was full of sh1t in his description and claim it had been "serviced" - Perhaps by a blind monkey maybe but not a technician or if it was - he must have screwed it up after somehow in a game hence his "low price" for the gun - its my best guess.

The selector label I can explain - I painted them when I got the gun because they were faded out (refer to petes original picture) - It was only after when I tested it and realised it didnt work and I had to send it back I took the paint off again as I thought best to send it as I recieved it.

The paint wasn't proper paint I used- it was simply nail varnish courtesy of my wife's collection hence why it came off again through rubbing it with a wet sponge on its rough side but its the same grip; it was just my sad attempt at making it look newer.

I cant comment on its internals; I would claim thats exactly why it never worked when I received it myself but im no expert so its not exactly like im going to poke/prod in something I havnt ever had any experience with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.