Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Your federation feedback....

Aug 10, 2009
As this was our first ever season playing in proto koth all year although we have a point of reference to make constructive criticism, I won't. I'll just say that is was the best weekends paintball we've ever done and we'd like to thank all who contributed and all the teams we met, all the marshalls we met, all team who set it up, NSPL and J.P for helping us out we had a GREAT time. It's as simple as that, i enjoyed it too much to give constructive criticism:D... Maybe next year?

Highlights were: Bucking bronco and winning more games and matches than we lost.

Speaking of which will there be any release of the full score boards? I know Saturdays was marked up but I didn't go over to check for Sundays plate. Be cool to show my team where we came?

B!tchslap:p

Sinister

Jun 2, 2010
however did feel a bit sorry for the person who pitched his little tent not three feet from the generator in the car park
Probably one of the best night's sleep I had in a while actually - might have to borrow it if I ever develop insomnia :p We choose to pitch up there for the Friday night though considering we didn't get in til about 1am (drove around that campus for a good half hour, a sign at the entrance would've been a nice touch for those of us that have never been!) but thanks for the sympathy ;)

Guess I'll throw in some feedback.. but first, a few thanks;

To everyone involved in organising and making sure the event ran as smoothly as possible. I haven't been in the sport long so unfortunately I'm still finding my feet on the who's who; I think everyone involved in some way knows who they are. From the Fed committee, the organisers, site owners, marshals and down to the players - massive thanks from myself personally, and I'm sure Havoc / Militia would join me in that.

Site
- Was a fantastic site in terms of facilities, vendors and playing fields. I think it's been mentioned before but the pits were a little cramped - had more teams turned out, I'm not sure where else you would've stuffed them into? Otherwise, no complaints whatsoever. Great site and a pleasure to play on.

Marshals
- I think we had one bad call against us, but we didn't even raise a complaint and were made aware by one of the others that they'd had a word after the game about it. As long as the teams are consistently trying to improve and ref each game as well as possible - it's hard to put in a complaint against them. Cheers lads.

Tournament & Scheduling
- This was a tad off, imo. I guested for KU Nemesis (cheers lads, I'll mention it at the bottom too :p) on the Saturday and honestly; had a much better day in terms of the amount of games played, the balance of team ability and suchlike. Come Sunday however, despite the lower entry price - the same quality wasn't really there (not the quality of the teams, by far no, just in terms of games played etc.). I half expected to see more teams playing (non-qualifiers, Sunday only) and therefore more games, but without the Race to 2 format, it kinda fell a bit flat unfortunately.

- Yorkie was spot on in terms of novice vs pro (if you like); a lot of teams were fairly out of their depth; which no doubt ensured you had a fantastic final, I'd bet - obviously the top teams are the most likely to qualify out of every division. However, maybe seeding the likes of Div3 / Div4 and below (and the CPPS equivalent) together; and then taking that theory through the 'top' groups would make for more competitive group stages. There's a risk that the final could end up with a Div3 / 4 team playing against a Div1, but on the back of qualifying, they're probably pretty psyched up and could provide anyone a good run for their money.

- I think people are right about the calendar date too; it's a bit difficult to plan this in at a better time due to the nature of the paintball season; but 2 weeks before Paris and 2 weeks after the CPPS.. financially, people aren't going to be able to manage it. If you want the Fed Cup to be more accessible, without obviously being so cheap you can't cover costs etc, maybe re-consider the timing, or negotiate a month in which the CPPS / NSPL don't compete and move their scheduling around..? Obviously it's easier said than done, but an alternative route should be explored :)

A Personal Note..
- Ultimately my opinions are my own, but I'm sure I have the backing of both Havoc and Militia (CPC teams) when I say a massive thank you for this weekend. Having spent the last year (or less in some cases, such as my own) competing at KotH level, this was somewhat a massive challenge. Teams were more than supportive and in some cases incredibly surprised we stepped up to the event. Havoc had their arses handed to them on a plate, but it was good fun all the same. Militia I think won 3 of 5 on the Sunday.. unfortunately they'd been grouped with the likes of HK Army (and apologies to not remembering who else topped the group).

- I'd like to throw in a special mention to Nemesis too. They were asking around on the Saturday morning (for which I was expecting to spectate all day) for a fifth player - did warn them I'd only played KotH level but apparently it's better having me there than no one at all! Cost me another box of paint but got me a full day of 'ballin. Cheers lads!

Cheers for a fantastic weekend,

- Rick

f1nut2

Team Kinetic
Feb 28, 2008
St Austell
Hello all
Just my personal feedback from the Fed Cup.

This was mine and Team Kinetics first year at the Federation cup and as a whole our entire squad, Team Kinetic and Kinetic Pulse really enjoyed our weekend and experiancing a new event and new site.

Site I thought the site was fantastic, excellent facilities, feilds, staging areas and layout, without doubt best site i have played at this year. Although must mention how fantastic the improvements have been this season at Bricketwood. The majority of our team travelled up in a convoy on Friday and when we got close to the site there was a distinct lack of signage for the site or event which would have taken some stress away from the last 20 min of our journey. We now know where it is but might be good to have extra signage for next year.

Marshalling Over the weekend i thought the marshalling was consistant. In particular the Marshalling on field 1 was excellent from what i saw so big up to Pinki and his team.

Atmosphere On Saturday i felt there was a good buzz around the site and as a squad i think we were excited by what was ahead for the weekend. Sunday felt a bit flat to me dont know if anyone felt the same. Also was surprised that thing were wrapped up in half a day on Sunday. We (team kinetic) went and had a short scrim after the presentations as we still had the urge to play.

Shedule and Format On Saturday i felt the format worked well getting 4 matches in the race to 2 felt enough to get into the flow for the weekend and nice breaks between games even if our last break was bit long. The sheduling of 2 teams to alternate to keep the feild running also seemed to work well even though we were not quite used to it having played different format in NSPL. Sunday however i was dissapointed by the format The straight knock out without any kind of group stage or another pre lim round seemed like very little game time. By getting through to the semi final and then playing the playoff for 3rd we played the maximum number of matches in the race to 2 format which was 7 matches, 4 on Sat and 3 on Sunday. In the NSPL we get 6 Matches in one day so 7 over 2 days did not seem like value for money and had we got knocked out in the quarters it would have only been 5 matches less than we would get in NSPL in 1 day! Had the team not had the free entry from winning the NSPL and had we known the number of matches we would get it might have swayed the team from entering the Cup at all so hope this can be changed in some way for next year.

Although i didnt play it it did seem odd that the plate would put teams form the X ball up against teams that play in koth. Big gulf that didnt seem right and could the plate not have given all teams 8 games rather than 6 considering things were finished by lunch and that NSPL gives 8 games in 5 man on a tourney day?

Overall i had a brilliant weekend on tour again with Team Kinetic and we were delighted by the 3rd place to cap off a great season for us. Big thanks to everyone involved in organisng the event and all the teams we played. Hopefully see everyone there again next year

Cheers Craig P - Team Kinetic

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Sorry but this is a bit of thread hijacking - in case you didn't read the sticky thread

Right Folks

I have uploaded a couple of photos so all I ask if you if visit the page PLEASE make a donation. It is all for a good cause

http://www.justgiving.com/rodeorobbo

The system is easy to use and the money goes direct to the charity (via the donation site) The NSPCC suggested I used this system

Start donating and post your comments on the page so we can see who donates.

Donate as little as a £1 ;)

Back to the Feedback now!!

Gavin - 44pix

44pix Paintball Photography
Jun 16, 2008
www.facebook.com
Had a fantastic weekend with my boi's, B-TEMPER! Thanks for everyone's support over the weekend and was awesome playing in xball, even better picking up wins against Shock and HK Army :)

Sunday saw us finish in 3rd position in the plate which was a nice ending to a tough weekend, and thats what I expect from a Federation event, great competition!