Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

06 intimidator loss of pressure

Ranger

Looking for a team.
Hi guys n gals...

my mates has an 06 empire timmy and yesterday during the incredibly wet weather he ran into some problems....after about 6 games he got a massive barrel break with about 8 balls jammed in the barrel all broken.
he stripped and cleaned out the barrel, breach, eyes and bolt then reassembled the marker...since then he has had a problem with the pressure transferring from the marker to behind the shots...
the pressure is there through the reg and cocking the bolt when firing but when he shoots, the balls just roll out of the barrel.
we tried rechecking the bolt making sure it was the right way up and all the obvious things like that but to no avail...
has anyone got any ideas on what could be causing this? as i say it only started after the massive barrel break.

sorry if this seems noobish but he is very new to the intimidator marker.

Ranger

Looking for a team.
ok..he stripped the bolt out, cleaned the marker and relubed the o-rings (delrin bolt so only the o-rings), changed the battery and restored all the settings to factory....
still the same ....pressure gauge is showing that there is normal pressure in the reg, bolt is cocking but when the trigger is pulled there is not enough pressure being transferred to even push the ball down the barrel.....classically the marker is quiet noisy and in truth it sounds like a muffled autococker!

next step strip out the air hoses and noid and make sure there is no grit in it......anyone else got any other suggestions? as he is new to the timmy and the manual isn't the most descriptive...

SiBirm

Nov 18, 2006
are you getting pressure behind the bolt?? when all is turned on does the marker pressurise? if so when you pull the bolt back with your hand is there pressure behind it? if not the bolt isn't in properly. I've got two timmies and think your problem sounds familiar. I may be wrong though.

Due to the oddly designed balanced valve in the 06 timmy, you can sometimes get a pocket of air stuck behind the valve.

To vent this air, push the bolt forward really hard before you air up the gun.

Also, make sure the tiny hole in the valve body isnt blocked.

Hope that help:
John

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
A mate of mine had a similar sort issue with his DC1, not sure of it's going to be relevant for your nmate but might be worth a look, makrer gassed up fine all looked ok, he'd fire a couple of shots then the balls would be practically rolling out the barrel, marker was stripped cleaned ad no change to the fault. in the end he found there was paint residue and shell fragments in the vertical reg.

I had a velocity problem with my DM3 which was solved once I'd cleaned out the lpr as well :)