The Home Of European Paintball

09 SLG UL Fail

Pigeon

Save a Drum, Beat a Box
Mar 23, 2009
Chester, Cheshire
www.facebook.com
Hi All!

I have emailed Ash but I thought I would post my problem here aswell to see if anyone has experienced anything similar.

Basically, If I turn the gun on, turn the eyes off and so it has no paint or air attached the gun will fire seemingly fine as it is set, so there is no problem there. It is set at 10.00 BPS on Millenium Mode.

But, when I attach an air tank the marker seems to go sick and It inconsistantly rapidly fires multiple shots with just one touch of the trigger, then further pulls of the trigger make it rapid fire.

I have tried a couple of tanks so its not necessarily my air tank at fault!

The problem started mid morning yesterday, It was shooting fine at first and was chrono'd at about 290, then after a while it started shooting extra shots etc.. So I thought it may be settings. I reset it an it shot fine for a little bit afterwards but then got progressivley worse, so now goes sick if an air tank is attached!

Any ideas?

-Pigeon

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
First thing I would do is remove the grip frame and clear off any greae from the sear. Seems the most common cause (happened with mine after over greasing the bolt). The grease on the sear stops it from catching properly and makes the gun either add shots, or go full auto when gassed up.

BZNeil

BZ Paintball Supplies
May 17, 2007
www.bzpaintball.co.uk
Or if your SLG has an adjustable sear you can adjust the point of rotation using the two small set screws, this may help to ensure the sear catches the bolt every time.

Pigeon

Save a Drum, Beat a Box
Mar 23, 2009
Chester, Cheshire
www.facebook.com
Right guys, after taking the gun apart and cleaning everything including the sear which didnt really have any grease on it at all as far as I could see, the problem has not been fixed.

Neil I dont think my sear is adjustable, I cant see any screws or anything to signify the sear as adjustable.

It still seems to go on full auto with just one touch of the trigger when an air tank is attatched, as Parksy said.

:(

CRASH

Team Rampage
Sep 23, 2008
The Ghetto
Are you sure its not the way your trigger is set thats causing this?

Try backing your trigger off a little and give that a try.

Pigeon

Save a Drum, Beat a Box
Mar 23, 2009
Chester, Cheshire
www.facebook.com
Are you sure its not the way your trigger is set thats causing this?

Try backing your trigger off a little and give that a try.
I dont think so mate, as I said when there is no air attached the gun shoots as it is set, 10 BPS on Millenium mode, but when you attach a tank, one pull of the trigger sends it sick!

CRASH

Team Rampage
Sep 23, 2008
The Ghetto
It would shoot fine without air if it was your trigger adjustment causing it mate, its the kick when air is attached that will cause the trigger to run away.

Just back the trigger of the micro switch a little and give it a try.

Pigeon

Save a Drum, Beat a Box
Mar 23, 2009
Chester, Cheshire
www.facebook.com
No luck fellas, I set it tight so the trigger wouldnt move at all, then slowly loosened it to the first available point that the trigger will fire.

So am I right in thinking thats pretty much the stiffest it can be set to?

I then attached the air and the same thing happened :(