Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air bottle problems.

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
I wasn't in when this happened but got back from big game to have my mum saying she heard something go off upstairs and thought it was water (like a burst pipe or something) and discovered it was actually my airbottle leaking air.

So it was a very bad leak (like when you push the pin down).

It's a 3000psi, battered, pure energy bottle from 2005, made of steel :eek:
(Knicked from a punter site)

Hasn't been used in about a month (because it sucks) and when this happened it hadn't even been moved for days.

(Yes I know I should chuck it out if anyone tells me to do so I may have a minor hissy fit and start slaming doors) :D

BUT

What should I do with it? I am going to chuck it but basically my questions are:

Is there a certain way to dispose of an air bottle? I don't know with regards to safety etc.

For future reference, anyone got any ideas what's up with it?

Random I know, but I'd quite like to know why it happened.

Katxxxx

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
If your sure the bottle is empty, you could remove the reg and drill some holes in the cylinder (to stop some pikey re-using/selling) and most council run tips have a section for the disposal of gas cylinders

Also sounds like one of the burst disks have gone, happens at the site I work every now and again, always funny when it happens to a newb and they dive for cover :D

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
probably just one of the burst discs...

try taking them out, with an adjustable spanner. there should be any loctite on them at all.

if you look at them from the bottom and there is like some obvious brass coloured metal there that has a hole through, then the burst disc is blown. if the look intact, then its something else and either chuck it, or get it checked out by Hpac et al sometime.

disclaimer = make sure there is no air in the bottle
and im not responsible for, well, anything!

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I wasn't in when this happened but got back from big game to have my mum saying she heard something go off upstairs and thought it was water (like a burst pipe or something) and discovered it was actually my airbottle leaking air.

So it was a very bad leak (like when you push the pin down).

It's a 3000psi, battered, pure energy bottle from 2005, made of steel :eek:
(Knicked from a punter site)

Hasn't been used in about a month (because it sucks) and when this happened it hadn't even been moved for days.

(Yes I know I should chuck it out if anyone tells me to do so I may have a minor hissy fit and start slaming doors) :D

BUT

What should I do with it? I am going to chuck it but basically my questions are:

Is there a certain way to dispose of an air bottle? I don't know with regards to safety etc.

For future reference, anyone got any ideas what's up with it?

Random I know, but I'd quite like to know why it happened.

Katxxxx
Hi Kat, it's a simple job to replace the burst disc, but i assume the bottle is near to or out of life. A refuse depot is probably the best place to dispose of it, but tell them what it is.

woofie306

Apocalypse Paintball
Feb 10, 2008
Cambridge
there was a thread about somthing like this when they chucked it in a tip and they called the bomb squad in so if you drill the holes in and chuck it in the skip and they do call the bomb squad make sure you video it as ive only see the bomb scad in action once and it was with the little robot kamakazi thing