Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Annoing barrel backs & frm

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Right so, i understand the process for annodising and was just wondering what happens with barrel back when they are annodised. I understand that the great finish should be kept as if a dust/polished gun is anno'd it keeps he texture.

So when a barrel back is anno'd does does the bore size decrease? and does it effect the finish within that barrel?

Anyone know?

EDIT: also how do you remove the barb from an ego frm for annodiing & are there any other suprises to look out for?

yorgie

Yorgie for Mod '07
Jun 2, 2006
Surrey
a new, thicker oxide layer is being put onto the aluminium, which contains the dye in micro oxide crystals, and so the new alumium oxide layer will be slightly larger than the original - the whole point of annodising is that a thicker oxide layer is put down in place of the original to protect the aluminium from rust, and as it is more durable than aluminium, to minimise scratching, that is why.

As Rayko says on the bore size and the finish should still be ok. If you fancy it polished more, just put a fluffy in a drill and push it through a few times.
The barb can be unscrewed with some knippex pliers, small adjustable or get a model makers spanner set.
The only things I have had problems with on annoing an EGO was the plug in the oops sometimes need to be heated and the same with the magnet. (even Matt from Sloth has said this)
If you are sending to Sloth Matt will take them out for you
hope this helps
Nige

G

Gassy

Finish stays the same Bob,sloth have just done me a cp 2 piece

Sloth have done 3 Egos and all my ultralights and cp's for me now and they are the dogs............ The barrels came back with no difference than the original anno. (apart from a different colour of course)
I had my smaller barrels done as well to make them slightly larger. Jamie told me they increase by .0001 and Sloth know what they are doing.
Nige