Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Another 'What if'? .....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
There are many explanations as to why there are religions, they vary from emotional weakness, to spiritual uncertainty and even some as far-fetched as there actually being a god who has provided a route map to the promised land for those faith-laden enough to follow the directions.

None better understood this human dilemma than Karl Marx who was credited with far too many profound religious quotes than one man should possibly be able to muster the most thought provoking of which was, 'Religion is the opiate of the masses' ...

My question is, if we finally proved the universe actually did spontaneously create itself (there are guys working on this as we speak , who are also getting uncomfortably close to proving it) then how would we (the human race) react?

We must assume here for the purposes of this thread, the scientists/ mathematicians are in fact correct in their conclusions and it just remains for the human race to accept or deny such findings.

How does it leave us emotionally and spiritually?
Would we become morally debased?
Would it create mass hysteria?
Riots?
Would Arsenal finally field some English players?

How would our world turn upside down.....or wouldn't it turn at all???

Over to you guys ....

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
All I know is that I'd have a nervous breakdown. Death scares me enough with the uncertainty (and certainty) it already weilds.

synergy

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2008
Bicester
the only way you would prove anything once and for all no arguments is time travel but that isnt going too happen, peoples beliefs are strong and will always find faults in science too keep their faith strong,

now the question i ask if god made the earth and everything that came with it "WHERE DID GOD COME FROM" who made him ????

SJS

Karma Monkey Spunk?
Dec 7, 2008
North East, Sunderland
Personly, I would get on with my day to day life just the same as i did the day before.

But for those that beleive there is a God up there. I think that they would still beleive in God for one sole reason, What made the universe spontaneously create itself?
Think of it this way Robbo, people will always believe in some form of a God. As no matter how far people prove how the universe was created they will always respond "what caused it to happen?".
Some thing, some greater being must have started it off in a big chain reaction. The whole "unmoved mover" thing.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
the only way you would prove anything once and for all no arguments is time travel but that isnt going too happen, peoples beliefs are strong and will always find faults in science too keep their faith strong,

now the question i ask if god made the earth and everything that came with it "WHERE DID GOD COME FROM" who made him ????
Syn, first off, you are in the wrong thread for that question and I covered this point in another thread anyway because it is the self-same point that Richard Dawkins makes pivotal so he can continue with his 'God Delusion' book.
To believe a question like that then becomes a fundamental part of an argument for there being no god is ludicrous in my book.
And actually the question isn't what you suggest in your post, it's what is the title of this thread :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Personly, I would get on with my day to day life just the same as i did the day before.

But for those that beleive there is a God up there. I think that they would still beleive in God for one sole reason, What made the universe spontaneously create itself?
Think of it this way Robbo, people will always believe in some form of a God. As no matter how far people prove how the universe was created they will always respond "what caused it to happen?".
Some thing, some greater being must have started it off in a big chain reaction. The whole "unmoved mover" thing.
SJS, you are missing the point of the question mate, I am suggesting not only is the proof discovered but for the average guy, who might or might not be, religious, when the unequivocal proof is mad public and there is no doubt, what then is the reaction???
You need to move away from people still wrestling with the idea of what a prime mover and move to a place where there is no skeptical position to be had.