Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Art

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
So basicly there are different art forms for different people, even the craziest of the crazy, hence canvases painted black and sold for huge amounts of money.
Yeah, but that was a Kazimir Malevich (sp???). It's pretty much a full and specific example of particular art movement - Suprematism (OK so he also coined it, but anyway).

Whilst I agree that art is entirely subjective, I really don't get the self indulgent sh*t put out by the likes of Tracey Emin. Obviously there is some deeper meaning out there but I don't get it. Same goes for a lot of the classics. Mona Lisa, don't see it myself.

A lot of art is overly obnoxious and pompous, I prefer design which is just function and form. A lot of the turtle neck w*nker brigade try to label design as art - Russian Avant Garde (black boxes and circles with red lines), Constructivism (you mean posters), New Design Style (you mean lemon strainers and chairs); but this stuff I think is more simple. You like or don't. No need to have a cow about it. Although I do have some Phillipe Starck around the pimp pad.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Yeah, it's the lemon sqeezer. Although I'd quite like some of his AK47 lamps holders, but they're a bit hard to find. Guess I have to stick with the dead hookers on the wall instead.