Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Choices, Choices...

Andymi86

Nov 12, 2002
Spokane, Washington, USA
Visit site
So this summer im looking to get a new gun. Right now I have a back dragun (my first gun), and I'm looking to get something a little better. Im looking for a gun that with minimal upgrades will rock, but will not break the bank (Hopefully less than $700 US). I already have a full freak kit and a 68/4500 centerflag hyperfow tank. What I'm looking at currently is as follows.

Classic Timmy w/ WAS

A little on the expensive side, really ugly, but has a SICK trigger pull. Can you get the 45 stlye frame for a classic timmy? The stock frame just looks wrong.

Impulse

A few upgrades can make this gun really nice. Blade or Magno Blade trigger, new grips, and maybe some new internals. I can upgrade to solve any issues with gun. Can get an LPR, I-frame, and the WAS board also will be out soon for new vision and no more FSDO.

Ebladed Cocker

Again a little on the spendy side. Either mostly stock 2002/2003, or custom built.

So that is what I'm looking at. The impulse looks the best to me. Performace for price. A lot of people I have talked to say that impulses suck, but they look good to me. Feel free to give some opinions, but back them up please.

-Andy

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
I fell completely and utterly in love with Impys from the first time I tried one, and the first opportunity I had to upgrade my old marker I bought one despite having an Angel (old Dark LED) on permanent loan. Got some Voodoo upgrades done (e.g. delrin bolt) & an I-frame put on & it really rocks. I've had loads of people borrow it & bought an Impulse or upgraded their old one as a result.
However, I must say that you need to try all your options before you make a decision. I personally hate using Timmys despite agreeing they are very good markers - they just don't suit me. You may well find that you can't get on with one or the other of the markers on your shortlist, and it will be too late if you find out after buying it, so go out & beg/borrow/steal one of each from a mate to try them out first.

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
Take Liz's advice. She is a very wise woman.

Like she said, the main thing you need to do is try all the markers your interested in. You may think the impy looks the nicest and is the cheapest etc, but you may not like the way it feels. I am a cocker guy but I like Impy's as well.

See if anyone at your local site will let you use their marker over the range. That may give you a more specific list of markers.

P8ntbllr99

Long live the Matrix
May 4, 2002
USA all the way
Visit site
if i was i would go with the new angel speed but that a little to expensive for you so, ummm well i have been well kinda not obsessed with paintball lately (i don know why i think its that damn school)so i havent been lookin at the new guns out there so i will take a look and try and find u a good gun for that price

NulodPBall

Dec 26, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
Originally posted by Andymi86
Oh, another possibility is the new shocker. I would wait for the price to go down a bit though, and see what upgrades start to come out. Any others?

-Andy
===

New Shocker? Well, I wouldn't hold my breath for that one to actually come out...
Well, you've heard from an Impy fan, and a 'Cocker fan, so I vote for the Classic 'Timmy with a chromed clamshell grip and a WAS board. An old teammate did this and it actually looks better than his brother's 2002 and my frankenstein of a GZ, the front regulator bodies are already chromed so it matched the grip frame and he put in Tribal eye covers and a new drop tube. That gun rocks, but be careful of the drop tube, it's easy to strip so whenever you put on or remove your hopper, hold the drop tube, not the gun. It's an easy fix if you strip the threads, you just glue it in place but...
Good luck with whatever gun you choose. I wouldn't be too concerned with ROF...I plead guilty to the search for a faster ROF. I can hit 18 bps when not playing, but in a game I rarely go above 8 bps anyway...sometimes I hit 10 bps but I think I never really get off long enough strings for the board to register what I shoot, except off the break or if I catch someone trying a long move, or if I see that TINY corner of someone but I just can't seem to hit them. More important than ROF to me, is reliability...does the gun put out a ball EVERYTIME I pull the trigger...funny to say, but some of my best guns haven't. That's why I don't shoot an Angel...even one that's been to Cobra...with my 'Timmy, if my gun needs tweaking in the middle of a tournament, I can do it with just a standard set of allen wrenches, no special tools needed (that darn 3mm wrench was always missing from my kit, and the LP tool was always in the "other" bag, and I don't need to remove my grip frame to tweak my trigger, etc...). Sometimes, my 'Timmy even puts a ball when I want it, even when the barrel is coated with slime (don't EVER remove your eye by pulling on the wires :()(I also occasionally dig holes with my barrel tip :(), unlike other guns I've shot. You don't know how frustrating it is to have someone's whole side exposed to you, and your teammate behind you, but you both broke balls with no time to clean, and neither of you can hit him.

Ray

Tony

Dead Hellfish
Jul 7, 2001
Jarra, N-E , UK
Visit site
Buy a Viking....

Thought I'd get in before Paul Collier did...... ;)

I was a cocker man through and through, but fancied a change... Now i've converted to a matrix, and played my first tournament with it last Sunday..... It was like a breath of fresh air. An amazing marker, even if it does look sh1te....... :D

P8ntbllr99

Long live the Matrix
May 4, 2002
USA all the way
Visit site
oh, yah i gotta go with my own gun the matrix which has been at the factory for a freckin month and a half has anyone else had this problem with sending them in to get em fixed and they dont seem to come back... well i still would go with the matrix its freckin fast and no recoil and low pressure which is always good