Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Clinics, Seminars and Coaching Sessions !!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Since I handed over the reins of Nexus to Dave Youngblood, I have had a lot of inquiries from people and teams to see if I could help them out in terms of coaching.
I have had inquiries from pro teams to novices and whilst it is encouraging to see this degree of interest from our players, it causes a problem for me.
Some of these requests ask on the basis of me 'just' popping down for the weekend to help them out as a favour.
I have done this in the past many times but the main reason I sold nexus (apart from the fact I was sick of the pro scene and some of the players on my old team) was to spend more time with my family.
My point is this; I am not a mercenary type person, anybody who knows me will also know I am not a greedy person and I'm certainly not one for ripping people off or chasing money as some sort of god.
But I had to draw a line somewhere because I was 'helping' people out as favours and it ended up costing me time and money.
Now Nexus is out of the way for me, I have got a reasonable amount of time I can dedicate to coaching other teams but I now have to do it as part of my consultancy business otherwise I am gonna end up skint and / or divorced.

And so, if anybody wishes to have a weekend's training, cool, I can probably fit it in but I am gonna have to make sure I don't lose money doing it and can go back to 'er indoors and tell her she can now buy some new shoes.
Basically, I gotta charge for my services....hmmm ... .that sounds a bit gay but you know what I mean I hope :)

As far as what you will get on these clinics?
I tell ya one thing, you will not leave that weekend without fully understanding the sport we all love, that is my 100% assurance !

So, If anybody wants a training / coaching / clinic done on that basis, then cool, you can contact me on robbo@aceville.com or call me on 07931 553374

Lemon

Baller without a willy ;)
Feb 17, 2006
Bradford
www.get-cash-back.co.uk
How about you going against everything you've ever believed in and training a bunch of girls? :eek:

LOL, I'm laughing even as I type this :D

Let us know your fee and Lump will talk to the Angels, I'm pretty sure we will all be willing to pay up for such an opportunity (even if it's just to see your face. lol) :p :D

Seriously, fantastic news Pete, thank you :) :cool:

loosebree

DRUNK AND NOT IN CHARGE
Jun 20, 2006
Coventry
I gotta charge for my services....hmmm ... .that sounds a bit gay but you know what I mean I hope :)
Lemon I hope you read all the Post and didn't have selective reading for you and the girls???

Ps Robbo do you do HEN NIGHTS (Thats what she means)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
How about you going against everything you've ever believed in and training a bunch of girls? :eek:

LOL, I'm laughing even as I type this :D

Let us know your fee and Lump will talk to the Angels, I'm pretty sure we will all be willing to pay up for such an opportunity (even if it's just to see your face. lol) :p :D

Seriously, fantastic news Pete, thank you :) :cool:
Girls ???? ......... girls ????
They play ?

What is this PC world coming to when we have to go thru the motions of falsely acknowledging girls can play paintball when we really wanna say, 'they suck'.....I mean, it's hard to buck millions of years of evolutionary massaging of the species whereby the female homosapien has been genetically predisposed to clean, cook, do repetitive jobs and buy shoes.
Us men are born hunter-killers and finely tuned to play Sup' Air, bejeeezus everybody knows that, even Darwin.
He found a centuries old dorito bunker on the Galapagos, no sh!t, he really did , he found the bones of a female and a male alongisde, the male still holding a slingshot and the female holding a bucket and cloth....... says it all for me really, get back to the kitchen Lem, get back to where you belong and start breeding!

:)

danrandon

randonphotography.co.uk
Mar 4, 2005
leicester
www.randonphotography.co.uk
Robbo, Just for the Guys and Gals who have not been to one of your training/skills seminars.

I attended the Nexus seminar in 2005 at leicester and we have been training and putting into practice what robbo taught me that day.

The team I play for and now manage were playing in Koth at the masters and at the end of 2005 won the title. 2006 was a whole new ball game and further enhancing our training with the information and knowledge, took us from koth to div 4, then 3. We place second in div 3 at the last round of the masters last year, finishing 16th overall and planned to move upto div 2.

Well 2007 comes and the first round comes and we win div 2. So next month we move to div 1 and this is all thanks to robbo imparting his knowledge.

OK so we have had to work hard for this and without Robbo's info I seriously believe we would probably still be playing in the lower divs.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Robbo, Just for the Guys and Gals who have not been to one of your training/skills seminars.

I attended the Nexus seminar in 2005 at leicester and we have been training and putting into practice what robbo taught me that day.

The team I play for and now manage were playing in Koth at the masters and at the end of 2005 won the title. 2006 was a whole new ball game and further enhancing our training with the information and knowledge, took us from koth to div 4, then 3. We place second in div 3 at the last round of the masters last year, finishing 16th overall and planned to move upto div 2.

Well 2007 comes and the first round comes and we win div 2. So next month we move to div 1 and this is all thanks to robbo imparting his knowledge.

OK so we have had to work hard for this and without Robbo's info I seriously believe we would probably still be playing in the lower divs.
I am gonna blush in a minute …. but thanks anyway mate.
When I gave up playing serious ball, back in 98, I honestly thought I could never recapture the feelings I had when I used to play and win things, bejeeezus there’s nothing like the excitement of real ball and then winning something.
After winning a few world cups and lord knows what else and then retiring, the future looked pretty bleak in terms of staying in the game and enjoying it.
I had been writing for PGi since 1990 and I quite liked doing that but it looked as though it wasn’t going to be enough to keep me involved. I had always done seminars / clinics; I think I started doing them in 92 maybes but obviously when I gave up playing pro, I had more time and did a few more.
I soon realized that the greatest buzz of all, was watching a team you had recently taught go and do the sh!t, and I mean the real sh!t.
One of the first teams I gave a clinic to back in the day were sitting in something like second to bottom place I think and they ended up winning their division at the end of the year (Home Counties League) after the clinic I did with them.
Now all this sounds as though I could well be massaging my ego here but….this is not the case because as I have always maintained, I do the easy bit by teaching you guys and then you have to do the hard bit and actually go away and work hard, and I mean really hard at what i have taught and so 95% of any credit, quite rightfully goes to the players and team who use whatever I teach to improve their game.
I love that feeling of enlightenment and consequent improvement and so Darandon, many thanks for your comments, they are genuinely appreciated but I have to finish off by saying, after seeing what you have done after that clinic, the pleasure was mine mate, all mine :)