Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Comparing DM9, Droid, EGO9, and GEO paintball marker.

azzri

Vanguard Tech
May 18, 2009
Malaysia
I too live and play in KL and I have never had any problems finding spare parts for all the markers above.
Glad to hear that parts are easy to come by these days. If i do pop by KL, maybe the three of us can have a TT session?

azzri

p/s: To everyone else, TT=teh tarik or literally translated "pulled tea". Its the Malaysian equivalent to having a pint down at the pub.

dcwk24

Jul 2, 2009
Hi thanks for the infomation. So may I know that do you have the Droid marker? How come you so support Droid marker? Compare EGO, DM, and Droid which 1 is better?

The Droid is a great gun, more efficient than the DM and Ego and better built too. Accuracy is mainly down to barrel to bore match but the matchstick barrel is excellent and the reg is possibly the second best on the market (after AKA 2 litre.) Droids are fantastic by far a smoother shooter than the Ego. Only downside is it can be difficult to find parts (depends if anyone near you stocks them) Egos are fantastically reliable and never break! the DMs are smooth and efficient too. Its a tough call between the three as all top end guns are very very very good.

dcwk24

Jul 2, 2009
Hi thanks for your infomation. May I know where do you play all the time? So you do have a regball marker right? Are you using A5 Tippmann?

By the way may I know that DM, EGO, and Droid which 1 that you like to use the most and which 1 that you think it is fast and accurate? Is that they are same shoot distance?

May I know which part of KL that you staying?

I have either owned/used the following markers:

Ego 8/9,
Droid,
Geo.

I have also recently purchased a DM9 but I have yet to use it so I can't give a fair comment on its performance.

Among the markers, my personal preference would be the Droid. It is efficient for a spool and relatively maintenance free aside from the occasional lubing of the bolt assembly (which is normal for all spools). To be honest I find the hype about Egos a bit over rated but they are easy to use and maintain (poppets are generally easier to maintain). I too live and play in KL and I have never had any problems finding spare parts for all the markers above. If you were to ask me to rate the markers based on my own personal preference, it would be in the following order:

1) Droid
2) Egos
3) Geo

You will notice that I haven't included DM's in my personal preference ratings simply due to the fact that I have not used it yet. In terms of pricing, you can get some Droids pretty cheaply now compared to Egos/Geos and DM's. I think this is simply due to the fact that there isn't that much hype and exposure to Macdev but again thats a personal opinion. Anyway if you want to talk more about it or possibly even try out the markers feel free to PM me, we can perhaps chat about it over the phone.

BTW I do use the markers in woodsball as well as speedball and so far I have never had any major issues with the markers in both situations.

bayushi

Jul 15, 2009
I do not have a recball marker anymore and have not had one for a long time. I much prefer using a speedball marker for all my games. All markers shoot the same distance assuming they are chrono'd at the same speed. The only way you can get additional distance is by using a flatline barrel or Apex attachment (in which case you lose a great deal of accuracy).

All the markers are fast, (You're paying a premium for high end markers so all of the can shoot 25++ bps) but its highly unlikely you will want to set the BPS that high.

Basically it boils down to whether you want a poppet marker or spool marker. Both have advantages. Poppets are generally more efficient and easier to maintain, Spools are smoother and quieter with less kick. It all boils down to personal preference as to what you like. If you ask me right now, my favourite marker would be Cyborg RX but as I mentioned it all boils down personal preference to the feel of the marker shooting in your hands.

Bear in mind that if you're coming from a recball background and used to an A-5, you will need to get used to servicing your markers much more regularly. Speedball markers are significantly more complicated that Tippmans. Also you cannot use a CO2 tank for speedball markers. If you are happy using your A-5 and only indulge in recball, I don't see a reason for you to change your marker.

A decent HPA carbon fibre tank and force fed hopper will cost as much as a basic A-5. That's not including barrel kits (where you really get the accuracy is from the paint to bore matching) and whatever additional upgrades you may want to get. Saying that, beyond a barrel kit, most of these premium markers don't require any upgrades at all.

I live in in Damansara Jaya area, and if you really want I; will be playing at Tanamera tomorrow 18 July 2009. Give me a pm with your contact and name and maybe we can meet there.