The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS. 2017. Who takes the gold?

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
So, let's have it.

Who do you reckon will take the top 3 spots in Elite and D2? D1 is a moving target so I'm not touching that.

You can throw other divs in if you want but I wanna know the skinny on this lot.

My shout (100% no bias):

Elite:
1 - Birmingham Disruption
2 - Lucky 15s
3 - SandBaggers

- Manchester Firm will probably put in a good show this year as will FE.

D2:
1 - Cardinals
2 - Tigers 3
3 - SandBaggers

- I wanna say we'll win it, but it depends on whether or not we actually train. Which we won't. Tigers 3 could do it if they sort their final 3rd game out; they were by far one of the best teams to watch this year with badass breakouts, but ran into guns trying to finish. Cardinals are just very well composed, but can be battered if you get the better of 'em.

Thoughts?

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
So, let's have it.

Who do you reckon will take the top 3 spots in Elite and D2? D1 is a moving target so I'm not touching that.

You can throw other divs in if you want but I wanna know the skinny on this lot.

My shout (100% no bias):

Elite:
1 - Birmingham Disruption
2 - Lucky 15s
3 - SandBaggers

- Manchester Firm will probably put in a good show this year as will FE.

D2:
1 - Cardinals
2 - Tigers 3
3 - SandBaggers

- I wanna say we'll win it, but it depends on whether or not we actually train. Which we won't. Tigers 3 could do it if they sort their final 3rd game out; they were by far one of the best teams to watch this year with badass breakouts, but ran into guns trying to finish. Cardinals are just very well composed, but can be battered if you get the better of 'em.

Thoughts?
Good thread.

You can win the season by placing 1st in one event, as long as you place no lower than 3rd in the other four.

Elite: 15's are coming into their own. I'd say they will retain 1st. Baggers can be up & down depending on their roster, but 2015 and 2016 have seen good performances.

That said, the most consistent Elite team in the 4 seasons since 2013 is Nexus, with 7 1st places under their belt. If they can get the old guard together, they will be a threat.

D2: Cardinals are good, no doubt, but DOA have won promotion from D3. Good players and good attitude, which will put them in the top 3 easily. I believe Showtime will be promoted from D3 also, and they will have another solid year. So I'm going to say:-

1 DOA
2 Showtime
3 Cardinals

If you study the results for each division for each season, it's interesting reading.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Elite:

1st-Lucky 15s. Continually excellent, and always in the mix. I can't see them being taking anything less than 1st.

2nd-Disruption-Great team who I feel may just be pipped to the win.

3rd-The Firm-more silverwear heading to Manchester this year I think.

Div 2.

Tougher at the top could be any from Cardinals, Sandbaggers and Tigers but I too think DOA are well overdue a good run in a higher div so will likely see them ruffle some feathers, would love Showtime to get some good results too.

Reactions: Tony Harrison

sammgcollins

DOA Captain
Mar 19, 2012
The decision as to whether DOA compete or not next season is not yet confirmed.
The reality of the situation is that 2/3 core players are moving onto new ventures and there will either be a rebuild or announcement made regarding the team folding.

Appreciate the kind words and support over the last year.

that aside, I'm under the impression that cardinals should be granted promotion to div 1.

Reactions: Rikk

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Only played against DOA once I think at BricketWood, solid team. Shame teams with potential fold BUT, and a BIG BUT, I think it's a good thing that the cream move on to help strengthen the higher Div teams and I think it's great for up-and-coming players to be recognised and have these opportunities.

If our top teams are to progress and compete abroad we need fresh new blood. And the teams (such as DOA) should be commended for nurturing these younger players and priming them for the bigger stage.

Never be ashamed to 'farm' players and never be sad when your babies leave home. Maybe more teams should actually be proud of farming players?

Reactions: Rikk and Spikerz