Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

do i buy another ego 08 or do i go for the 09

weastie

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2008
sheffield
hi can you help me out ive got a ego 08 but looking to get another gat do i get another 08 or do i go for the 09 ive been told the 09 is not that different but what is your personal opions thanks very muchlly

weastie

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2008
sheffield
why get another 08 when you've already got an 08????
i like the 08 but have got cash for a 09 and was going to get a 09 but some one told me just get another 08 in diffent colour cuse theys not much diffence in them and spend the cash left on something else i was wondering if there was thanks buddy

raliyn

Feb 4, 2008
The 09's are essentially the same to shoot, however (and this is coming second hand from someone who owns both, I only have an 08), the maintenance on the 09 is easier, to a degree - I can't vouch for how much easier, but I think they cut down on some non-essential parts and the like, I believe it only has one QEV as opposed to the 08's two?

Besides, the 09 has a little chime for when it turns on. It's pretty sweet.
Doubt it's worth the price difference though.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Surely if you are worried that the 09 will be a waste of money for being "not much different" then buying another 08 when you have a working one is also a waste of money?

Heres an idea, why not spend the money on playing?

just5

egoist
Mar 13, 2009
I suggest getting something totally different which will bring diversity into your game (in terms how the equipment you use). Get a droid or another sweet shooting marker instead of more of the same. You cant play with both Ego8s at once, so why not try something new so that when you change your marker you feel a difference? Nice creed on the forums atm. Luxe? Geo? Droid?

raliyn

Feb 4, 2008
Surely if you are worried that the 09 will be a waste of money for being "not much different" then buying another 08 when you have a working one is also a waste of money?

Heres an idea, why not spend the money on playing?
That's an easy one...

The difference between £425 and £900. :p

But yeah, as an slightly more serious suggestion... if you feel you HAVE to buy a new marker, go for something else, maybe a "true backup" marker... hell, buy a Pump! Sterling STP's go for £150... or a Pistol, or something mil-simish... you'll have just as much fun, to be honest.