Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

dry firing in the players' tent

kim1

Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
What's up with all the dry firing in the players' tent???

In MS Portugal there was a lot of firing in the players' tent, at some time it almost turned in to a joke. Am I the only one who sees this as something unnecessary?

Would anyone support the idea of banning shooting in the players' tent (if it isn't already!?)? I mean there were actually some accidents in the tent, someone almost lost his eye. And if some one is against such a ban - what are your motives?

bK

TyroneD.Ni

Jul 15, 2002
N.Ireland
Visit site
Never heard it in a tent but as along as they have a barrel condom or plug i cant see the problem but they shoudnt be doing it fot the sake of doing it. maybe there should be a area to test the marker or having to go to the chrono area to be able to do imo.

Jud

thinking of coming Back
Oct 7, 2002
Somanc
aol.com
its like friendly fire

Accidents happen, my opinion there should be no dry firing in the team tents , or any where goggles arnt worn, it makes sense?

just go to the chrono area , thats the ideal place?:D

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
As I write this new rules are being added to penalize players who don't comply with barrel sock or mask safety. From now on, players will be required to ALWAYS have their barrel socks on except when cleaning, chronographing and playing their games. Players will be required to enter the fields after chronographing with barrel socks on until marshalls give the signal for masks on and barrel socks off. Players will be required to keep their barrel sock with them while playing so they can put them back on immediately after elimination (as the rules already state) and after the game is over. Stiff penalties will be applied for failure to comply.

Failure to comply with the above rules will be strictly enforced everywhere on and off the tournament site, including the players' tents. Dry firing in the players' tents will also be penalized.

WE MUST GET SAFE AS OUR SPORT GROWS or be prepared for PB to be banned or severely restricted.

Steve

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
I've got a couple of issues that have leapt to mind about this post mate, I'll deal wth them in importance if I may.

Originally posted by Wadidiz
Players will be required to keep their barrel sock with them while playing so they can put them back on immediately after elimination (as the rules already state)
Steve, how the hell are you supposed to put a barrel sock onto your marker immediately when eliminated?

Thinking back to the many times it's happened to me I'm hit so I walk, I've got the marker in one hand and the other hand is in the air or on my head indicating I'm out so I don't get bonus balled.

Are we going to have to develop a third arm to make the marker safe, or do you mean after elimination and in the dead box? Oh you can't mean that because you state clearly "immediately after elimination" and indicate it should be done on the field because the player has to have the sock with them.

Genetically enhanced paintballers coming your way.

Originally posted by Wadidiz
From now on, players will be required to ALWAYS have their barrel socks on except when cleaning, chronographing and playing their games.
What about testing the marker in a chronograph/range area? This makes test firing with paint in a safe, (designed to be used for that purpose), area illegal! We do like to make sure everything is working fine, especially after a breakdown or a clean-up and don't want to do it during the chronographing before a game.

This reminds me of the current situation with F1, make rule changes and then have to fanny around to make them work.

I know I'm being picky, but if as a judge I'm having to follow definitive and exacting rules like that I'd be penalising players for shooting their markers down a chrony range because they're not actually chronographing.

From another safety aspect I've got to wonder about when a player walks and is busy digging the barrel sock out of a pocket and putting it onto their marker waht's to stop the other players keeping shooting at them because they don't realise they're out because the ain't got their hand up.

Little bit of lateral thought for ya to think about:)

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Thanks for pointing out a couple of "holes" in the wording. Meanwhile thank me and a couple of others in the Millennium organization for caring enough about your eyes and our sport to push safety penalties through.

The way I intepret rule 10.03 (Such players [eliminated] must then remove their armbands, put the barrel sock on the barrel and hold the marker in the air above the head and exit the field immediately by the most direct route or upon the instructions of a field judge, if given.) is that players will put their barrel socks on as soon as reasonably possible, preferably before they enter the dead box. That means many players will have to quit the rule-breaking habit of leaving their barrel socks behind the break-board.

As for other times a barrel sock may be seen off a marker: yes, it should be allowed for test-firing in a goggle-on, netted-in area. That needs to be added to whatever wording the rules will have.

Time the get safe!

Steve

PS. Those who know me know that I am of the opinion that we should enforce the rules 100% consistently or get the rules out of the book. That includes too much clothing, wrong colored clothing, too padded clothing, wrong colored stickers on hoppers, modified (flipped up) masks, waiting for a marshall after you know you're hit, wearing metal cleats, not asking for a paintcheck when hit an area you can't check yourself, and many others. The rules are never perfect but everything listed here has a good reason and purpose behind it.

SM

kim1

Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
Great.

A positive point with enforcing barrel bags after elimination, is that it becomes harder for cheaters to send off a ball when walking to the dead-box. And about bonus balling; you can dig your bag out of your pocket while holding up the marker with the other hand. It doesn't take but a couple of seconds to stick it on once in the hand. But writing a rule about this, i.e. at what point will a player be penalized, will be interesting. It's not however such a safety issue, as it is a cheater's opportunity, because this happens during "goggle on" time.

bK

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
The main thing is we GOTTA stop the mixture of unbagged markers with unmasked people. Simply GOTTA.

The barrel bags deployed on field (except when actually playing) give the marshalls a much-needed break from their masks. It also cuts down on unneccessary shooting of bunkers and netting.

When this rule gets approved, when I marshall, I will give a team their first warning the first time I see them without a barrel bag before we give them the signal to take them off. Or after about 10 seconds after the game is over. After that I'll enforce the penalty. I don't care who the team is. Same goes for off the field.

Bagged markers plus separating markers from eliminated players in the dead box would inhibit the possibility of eliminated players "continuing to play" as happened on our field at Huntington Beach. (I won't say which team it was but it sent me into a rage when witnesses told me about it.):p

Steve