Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

dry firing in the players' tent

Dear Wadidiz,

Please forgive me Im not trying to thread jack I have been following all these threads with a lots of intrest as the organiser of a new series striving to offer a very safe, player freindly event in very pubic venues the comments and thoughs rasied have been very intresting.

Having reffed world cup last year practical saftey for the marshals was very much in my mind, I was far more sympathic towards them too. We expect the marshals to work their butts off(I lost 1/2 stone at world cup reffing) Be fair and unbiast constant active on the fields and still keep the feilds maitained between games.

Marshalls boxes are a great idea but we only used our atthe luch break as some were to get out of the sun! The rest of the time my team and I were pegging, venting, blowing or cleaning fields.

I tottally agree marker should be bagged when entering feilds or already in a safe area onced they have been chronnied. I appreciate this comes down to lay out of the feilds and how the netting is structured.

At our 2nd Leg I utilized our tower construction to make dedicated chronnie bays. As teams were called to their feild the players were chronnied, then their bagged markers were put into a safe netted off marker area these had a netted curtain acess point from the chronnie area and another netted curtain acess point inside the feild. Their was a notice to all players that once a marker had beeen placed in the box tampering would result in penalty points. This did not happen once. Once the players were safely on the feild and the marshals had told them they collected their markers. All the players leaving the feild were bagged up but I agree it makes a lot of sense to bag up once illiminated. This system worked really well, and was inspired by the gun boxes used at campaign this year.

We did not have a majour problem with dry firing but I take on board the comments made.

Our event took place in a lovley sports complex by the river with loads of passing spectators, during set up we had 10 people per hour asking what was going on. Sadly the glorious sunshine had a day off so not as many people were watching the acctual event :( but I did have a lovley chat with 3 very old ladies from the bowls club who thourghly enjoyed it they must have all been 80 if they were a day! We had one comment from a father with 2 childern about the swearing were still working on this one. But gennerally it was very well recived and we had non paintballers buying goodies from the trade stands. They even asked shockwave about their dye playing tops!and were could they buy some.

I think we all need to think about the image of our sport and how we conduct our selfs, as a site owner, event organiser and player I have to think about this a lot.

The good new is the Patrica Fairclough of the british sports council has now asked to be kept informed regrding later events and is planning on brining a selection of her members down to attend one of our events.

Yorkie of the UK marshals and I have been working with patrica in conjunction with the UKPSF for some years now. I have also taken her advise when setting up the M25 leauge and kept her informed of it's progress. Personally I feel the more positive exposure paintball recives the better it will be for all of us.

:)

L J

big big titties
well, as a back player i dont see the need for swearing in the game AT ALL....i havent swore once when i have been shouting to my team, it doesnt get the message across more or anything.

regarding dry firing, i admit i do it, but i was teching a cocker

and maybe a bit of fun to:D

Dear Wadidiz,

I am not going to eddit my post it was not intended to thread jack as stated, but I was very tired when I posted it, in no way did I mean to blow my own trumpet .

I think the millenium serise is fantastic and I aspire to reach your already extreamly high standards.

This may be ambitious for a regional event but I feel it nessary for the good of our sport. I have taken all that I have seen and expereinced to try and provide the safest best event I can for the teams supporting my events. They were designed to serve 3 puropes:

1 a regional series
2 a warm up for the milleniums
3 a show case for the public.

I have taken advise from Nile as I belive he dose a briliant job and it was very greatfully recvied. Geoff has also been a tower of strength, moral support and advise. I hope I have rasied some valid constructive points as I feel this thread has done, I do not want to offend any one.

a tired sparkie :)