Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye jersey v JT Flex 7

jim

Jul 31, 2001
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why the rules committee would contemplate on banning a jersey when the Flex 7 has had balls bouncing of them for years.

ally

No Limit Bridgend
Jan 2, 2002
Cardiff/ Epsom
www.gbjab.com
It's stated in the millenium rules that you couldn't so it's dye's problemb desinging it that way. As for the flex other masks can do the same and no advantage is gained cos only a few balls bounce on them anyway;) hope this is rite :( :( :(

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Now while its a very good argument you make,you gotta understand that this is the millionth thread on the subject in the last 3 days..You might get a ton more responses by posting in the thread right at the top of this forum..Just trying to be helpful...

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Here's the deal IMO: there are legit places that are "bouncy", I mean why design masks, shin-guards, elbow protection, etc. that are rigid, hard and make the protected areas easier places to break balls against? But it is a WHOLE DIFFERENT matter to put bouncy padding in places that don't legitimately need protection. Right? Right.:p

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
The BIG difference is that with the goggles there is actually a safety reason to make them flexy. When staying tight players sometimes "crawl into their guns" and press the tank against their cheek. If you are wearing rigid goggles, the goggles will shift, leaving a gap through which a paintball could pass (small chance, but hey). So not really the same thing in my book.

J

Johan

Originally posted by Buddha 3
The BIG difference is that with the goggles there is actually a safety reason to make them flexy. When staying tight players sometimes "crawl into their guns" and press the tank against their cheek. If you are wearing rigid goggles, the goggles will shift, leaving a gap through which a paintball could pass (small chance, but hey). So not really the same thing in my book.
Good point!!!!!!

Trinity

Oct 16, 2002
Visit site
The flexability on the mask is for protection as direct hits constantly on a hard surface will cause small fractures to form and eventually break on a hard impact. The soft form allows the impact to be cushioned, it also make it easier to make and a more comfortable fit for the wearers.

Ultimately why are we worrying?
I mean in a couple of years shirts will be fitted with proximity alarms that will sound on impact of a paintball hit (triggered by a paintball with electronicly charged paint) Announcing loud and clear the player is hit. Also gloves will be reversely polarised so that while your in the perimeter of the paintball field any one wiping will trigger a siren of defening proportion and marshalls will use a stun gun and electrocute the player:D :D :D :D
Yeah so I was bored today what can you do?
(you know its true tho;) )

jim

Jul 31, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Hi Jay,

I take your points, but can't agree with them. I do not for one minute believe JT had only these thought in mind. Take a look at the soft ear protection, there is no way these were designed for players safety.