Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

EUtopia?

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
The following is an excerpt from an editorial in The Sun. And, no, it has nothing directly to do with paintball but all the PB talk at the moment is dead boring and this is interesting.
So, who's up to be part of the Fifth Reich?

TONY BLAIR has listened to the people of Britain like a man with no ears. His message yesterday should have been: “You have spoken and I am here to represent you. I will go to Brussels and tell them what you want.” Instead we got the same old platitudes, the same “trust me” fixed grin. What Blair said about the two-day summit on the European Constitution ranked alongside Neville Chamberlain’s “Peace in our time” declaration when he capitulated to the Nazis in the 1930s. The Prime Minister declared he was “reasonably optimistic we will negotiate an agreement that we want.”

Reasonably optimistic! You can’t expect to get away with that, Prime Minister. The people of Britain don’t want ANY new agreement. Britain should not be going to the summit with the aim of limiting the damage the constitution will cause us.

Let The Sun tell you what your duty is, Mr Blair:

You should be going to Brussels to demand that Britain is given back the powers it has lost to the EU. You must demand that we retain full sovereignty and full control over our lives, not to mention our money. You should demand top-to-bottom changes in the corrupt, inefficient and undemocratic European system. You must demand that only the British Parliament makes the law for Britain and only British judges administer it.

Just say NO to the constitution which the EU’s elitist leaders so desperately want to further their dream of a European superstate.

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
I doubt it is in Bush's best interests for the UK to become part of a 'Euro Superstate'. Under Labour, this is the way we are heading and to be honest I think this is the right way... *Waiting to be flamed!*

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Munkeh
I doubt it is in Bush's best interests for the UK to become part of a 'Euro Superstate'. Under Labour, this is the way we are heading and to be honest I think this is the right way... *Waiting to be flamed!*
Not by me. Fifth Reich comment was implied in editorial--why else the reference to Chamberlain? I'm just interested in your opinions. If y'all want to sell out your sovereignty and national identity it's okay with me.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Originally posted by Baca Loco
Not by me. Fifth Reich comment was implied in editorial--why else the reference to Chamberlain? I'm just interested in your opinions. If y'all want to sell out your sovereignty and national identity it's okay with me.
There is zero benefit to being part of the EU in my mind.
People don't seem to realsie (partly becuase the draft EU constitution is so stupidly long and over complex) that we are basically signing up to not be the UK anymore - is that what we want? Really?

They say the EU constitution is a tidying up exercise, then why does the constitution have provision for a national enthem, president, flag etc?

The only reason so few British seem bothered about the EU is because no one is friggin' telling us what is ACTUALLY going to happen as a result of it. It is only parties like the UKIP that are bringing it to the publics attention.

NO NO NO NO - NEVER GO IN THE EU! I WILL TAKE UP ARMS AND FIGHT FOR MY SOVEREIGNTY BEFORE I AM RULED BY BRUSSELS!

TJ, check yourself, we ain't never going to be the US of A's bitch either. :)

I have no axe to grind with the people of Europe, I just won't be governed by them.

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
So your currently ruled by Westminster... would you rather go back to having your local council rule you? Or how about having having your leader picked from your street and you can govern your own street? Hell lets regress 2000 years and have our own individual tribes and kings!!

See where I am going with this? The problem people have with joining Europe is that on some level they are xenophobic...