Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Evolution of Humans

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
Was thinking about a new brain box topic and come up with this one.

We as humans have evolved over the last few thousand years the 2 most common explanations are that we come from either primates or sea mammals.

Which one do you think it is?

Also looking at some of the recent work by scientists do you think all this evolution all happened on the original huge continent of what is now known as Africa before it was broken up and split across the earth?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com

We as humans have evolved over the last few thousand years the 2 most common explanations are that we come from either primates or sea mammals.

Also looking at some of the recent work by scientists do you think all this evolution all happened on the original huge continent of what is now known as Africa before it was broken up and split across the earth?
Codiak, are you sure it is 'either, or' here, Isn't it we came out of the sea as a mammal and evolved into a primate before we made the latest evolutionary step into humans?

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
Codiak, are you sure it is 'either, or' here, Isn't it we came out of the sea as a mammal and evolved into a primate before we made the latest evolutionary step into humans?
That's the thing Robbo, some of the things I have been reading suggest that some of our ancestors were forced to make use of the sea to survive when the sea expansion divided the parts of the mainland, while other ancestors who were on the higher ground were cut off so to speak and had to live off land alone.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
That's the thing Robbo, some of the things I have been reading suggest that some of our ancestors were forced to make use of the sea to survive when the sea expansion divided the parts of the mainland, while other ancestors who were on the higher ground were cut off so to speak and had to live off land alone.
Oh cool, cheers, I hadn't heard that line of thinking; Mind you, how they intend to set about proving this one way or the other is gonna be interesting coz I think most people are gonna go for the combine whereby we came out the sea AND then evolved into primates before humans.

I honestly think we came outa the sea from the highly intelligent dolphin family but a separate race of people evolved from donkeys.....and over millions of years they stayed as donkeys before being struck by lightning which transformed their DNA and produced the Arsenal supporter .....it's not often evolution takes a backward step but I offer the world an example, and for some reason they congregate every other Saturday in North London to cheer on Frenchmen and other exotic foreigners .....it's a mystery to me but life is full of them ....

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York

Do you mean Pangaea? If so then most of the other continents around the world were part of this. Not just Africa.

Imo evolution started there, before it broke up. Survival of the fittest etc. There are also several bits and pieces of evidence that Wegener (the guy who came up with the Pangaea theory) came up with.

Evolution continued after the break up however. I find it hard to believe that there would not have been any evolution afterwards.

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
I'm not disputing that early life came from the sea, early life on planet earth started in with simple life such amoeba etc to one day crawl out the sea to the lands.

What Im curious of is what happened when the seas divided the land, did we all evolve homo erectus/neadethal etc or did we evolve into an aquatic ape, there's theories about some of the things we as humans have over primates that link us to sea mammals, breathing, holding breath, blubber etc.

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
And you would be correct. In fact, evolution is an ever ongoing process.
That being said, I'd argue that evolution (in the tradition sense) has ceased for the human race.

We are unique in the level of control we have over our surroundings, and in doing so we eliminate the need for traditional evolution and instead we force our surroundings to evolve for us.

...or at least that's my view on the subject.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
That being said, I'd argue that evolution (in the tradition sense) has ceased for the human race.

We are unique in the level of control we have over our surroundings, and in doing so we eliminate the need for traditional evolution and instead we force our surroundings to evolve for us.

...or at least that's my view on the subject.
Spangley, not only is it untrue to suggest evolution has ceased, it's actually impossible mate, leastwise if we are talking about homo sapiens in the 'traditional' sense :)

Spangley, you won't be able to see much evolution going on in your time frame mate but there will be subtle genetic changes emerging that are favourable / not favourable to homo sapiens in this environment ...they are being played out as we speak ..... unfortunately, they are not on a time-line that lends itself to being noticed.

Evolutionary changes take hundreds of thousands of years and thus mine and your life times ain't gonna be noticing much change mate..but it's there.