Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Final Xball details?

D

duffistuta

They take place at the same time I believe, so it'd be tricky.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Question: Can the NXL players play regular PSP (i.e. 10 man) games, are they allowed that?
Nope.

Over on the PSP forum Lane posted that the wording was NXL players weren't allowed to play any format with 2 flags, and/or any that promotes itself as a competing event.

So NPPL is ruled out by both
PSP 10 man by the first
Millennium by the first

PSP 5 man by the neither :rolleyes:

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
So in other words: Hi, we consider you to be a rival event, yet we are going to stage one of our games at your event....
Yeah, makes perfect sense.
Don't get me wrong, I may not like it, but I do see the sense in not allowing players to play outside of the NXL, but this is all just too freaking weird.

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
It's all about control Jay, the NXL is what team want to be a part of, so they can demand whatever they want from the teams. Until NXL teams say they'll leave the NXL to play other events, i doubt that anything will change.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Red_Merkin
It's all about control Jay, the NXL is what team want to be a part of, so they can demand whatever they want from the teams. Until NXL teams say they'll leave the NXL to play other events, i doubt that anything will change.

Red the teams can't as they are locked in and owned by the league but the players can of course.
But you have to ask yourself the question, why do you think all those players are taking this **** from the owners ?

The simple answer is, they have all been convinced by the franchise owners / team owners that 'Money is 'a coming' and lots of it, a frikkin shed load.
Players like Rich Telford (Capt of SC Ironmen) are nobodie's fools, he is his own man and will say exactly what is on his mind.
I talked to him the other nite and asked him straight out what he felt about what was going on and one of the things he told me was that although he did not like what some people were doing, he was 100% convinced that very soon, it was all gonna be worthwhile for him and his team.
Rich has always wanted to be a true professional player in that he would get paid to play and paid enough to live quite nicely on.

We'll see if his wish comes true, I hope so for his sake !

Red, the teams can't leave and the players won't because of what they believe is going to happen.
Why else would you let other people tell you, you can't do this, you can't do that and wotever ?
There are bigger fish to fry for these guys other than one's preferences for tournaments.

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
errrrmmm...why not make a euro-nxl? why a nations-cup? can't we take the format, cause mr.italia owns it? i mean can't we take the format, play it in europe apart from the millenium series events and get some tv-coverage and some cash for those who play it by ourselfs? i am definetely new to this discussion and dont know much about the whole thing thats going on, but i see this quite easy, just make a euro-league and get the game on tv over here. but i guess its not that easy, right:( ?

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
after reading all this x-ball posts this night i think i understand this a bit more( and i hope i am right;) ) and i like to repeat this:

so...why not throw the whole freakin 5 man, 7 man, 10 man stuff over board and play ONLY X-BALL WORLDWIDE???? and maybe vary it like 5 man X-BALL ( teams will have at least 10 players i'd say) and for the smaller teams maybe a 3-man X-BALL( teams about 6 players or so)? i mean for real, the format seems to be great and most german players i know want to play it ( i did not actually ask all of them but as far as i've ever talked to somebody about x-ball they were mad for it). this format is the next step for paintball, im 110% sure! so why not get rid of the old CTF-format like we got rid of woodland tourneys?