Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Formulal 5s 13th June

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Well played NWA417 (417 is not the code for homicide, its the code for man or woman with gun by the way)

Very well played Outrage

And really well played Loki, Id never met any of you previously, and you are a tight little team. You have a good blend of players, keep it up guys!
I don't know who told you it was the for homicide, because it certainly was not me ;)
417 was picked specifically for the correct definition as it was apt for paintball :rolleyes:

Thanks to the Formula 5 event organisers and team for an excellent event
Thanks to teams for 4 tough games
First SupAir for between 1 and 2 years for 5 of us
Well done to my guys for an amazing day and to walk away with a Trophy was a bonus :third:

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
No thats cool mate, someone told sosta that, and he mentioned it during the trophy giving, so didnt know if you knew. Glad you came down :)
Oh missed that bit - I was getting my wide angle lens for his daughter to use at that time ;)

Oh and when will you learn not to shoot your own players in the back, ;):D:p

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
great

first i like to say thanks to all the people involved in running and setting this up.

it was nice to finally meet some people and catch up with some old friends all with smiles on faces.

thanks to all the teams we played and all the other teams some of the games where brilliant to watch with the buzzer switching back and forth with in seconds.

thanks to potter from loki for getting us to play this, we allways have a good time but for once its nice to not have NO moans and groans about marshelling, paint, blah blah blah.

my thoughts are that as this is a new format it is a little rough around the edges but isn't far away from being a great step from woodsball to sup air and maybe a step that many will stay on as its cost effective. As a concept it is like the old re-gen games we all looked forward to at the end of the day when we were all punters crossed with the sup air format that we all play nowadays.
i've only played one event but by talking to some of the other teams it seems as though the edges are being polished event by event, so by next year this should be a well oiled format for everyone to enjoy.

As a team i don't think this will suck us away from x ball completly as we enjoy that format, but we will mix it in as an addition as its cost effective and great fun.

will see ya all soon and if you haven't had a go yet please please jump in and have a go.

Fredo

www.lokipb.co.uk
I have no idea where or how to start this post as I'm still grinning too much from all the fun & laughter of what has to be probably the best days paintball I have ever had.

I guess the best start would be to thank John for organising & letting us play around in his back garden. A mahoosive thanks to Ray on field (even if he did pull my arm band when I was playing in the snake) and all the marshalls & crew on site.

The format is just amazing, anyone who's not had a crack at it really should. It changes the way you think about playing & removes the normal tournament kick in the guts when you feel you have given yourself away cheaply, made a bad move or let your team mates down, you just turn around, get off the field as quickly as possible & let someone else have a crack until it's your turn to make amends & take some kills. Add to that the fantastic value of £/play time & you're on to a winner.

I have never before seen so many teams coming off field losing & laughing, joking & smiling about what a fantastic game they had just had, unbelievably even when being completely pinned in & unable to step 5 yards from their pit without being shot. (although I feel this may need to be addressed for the future so as not to depress to many players).

An amazing day of fun & smiles that should be tried by all. It is so difficult to describe just how good this format is but if you want a real time chat than please do not hesitate to contact me, I would be only too pleased to try & describe it as I'm sure would any of the other players there.

Oh & I suppose I'd better thank my team as well who all played superb all day.

Last word falls to Ray as I promise to listen & not argue next time :eek:

Andy/Fredo
LOKI
:first:

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Hi all,

This was my first time at a F5 event.

Outrage were generous enough to let me jump in with them and I was happy to pick up the 2nd place trophy for them at the end of the day.

So what are my impressions of the event :

This is a far more spectator friendly format, you have a very clear central focus that a non paintball knowledgeable person could follow.

The choice of ROF was novel for me, did you opt for high ROF ramping or semi, suddenly ROF becomes tactical as you have to weigh up volume of paint in the air to the rate at which your air and paint will last and hence your effectiveness on the field.
Also the reduce FPS meant you had a slightly reduced range so you needed to get up close but also you are not going to do as much damage to your opponent if you get the business end of your marker inside their comfort zone !

I found myself hurrying the eliminated players off the field so that I got out to continue our push or shore up the defence. I think the pits were busier and you had less of rest than in X-ball, though we had 8 players and a coach with no pit crew so maybe that would of helped. You had to be more organised or you would not have a full five team members on the field and as such you would struggle further.

This format is also more marshal friendly. In that I mean that you can not state that a refs call lost you the game. A poor marshals call will just facilitate in rotating a fresh player onto the field and not mean you losing the whole point and possibly the match.

The score board is getting a revamp currently, so expect John to have a few soldering iron burns next time you see him. If you could add a kill counter to the score board live as well that would be the icing on the cake.

The event was held as I'm sure we are all aware is in Sosta's back garden, the surface was for better than that provided at some Millenium events and I only paid a total of £65 for the day.
There needed to be some netting at the car park end of the field to stop the cars picking up the long shots, whom ever owned that Yellow motor must have had a fun clean up at the end of the day :) . Also John you may need to get the strimmer out and cut us some new car parking spaces as the event is getting more popular you were running out of places for players cars !

I think the field needs a slight shuffle, we, Outrage, managed to trap Demolition Squad and Hawkes in their spawn ending with Demolition Squad throwing the game as they could not physically enter the field without being eliminated. Maybe some large pieces should be left around the spawn to protect emerging players and give even a team on this most severe of back feet a chance to battle their way back into the game. Also making the spawn exits solid so the other team can not tell which side they were entering on would help.

To sum up I am thankful that Sosta and co did not just sit back and watch the tournament scene die. Instead they have created a fun 'new' format and have backed it with there own time and money. He has tremendous drive and I wish him all the success in future events, I for one will be attending.

There were a couple of memorable moments. Firstly Olly in the midfield snake tower giving the opposition's snake player a carefully aimed single shot to the head got a round of applause from the spectators.

Secondly for myself in the Hawkes game getting into their witches hat and getting pinched from both sides. I'm sure that was funny to watch, I have never got that friendly with a bunker before!

I look forward to seeing you all at the next event.

Regards

Ed