Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

gun vs gun

Senior_D

Aug 29, 2001
London
Visit site
Hey, this thought just dawned on me recently. In 1 corner you have a coker.
I sweet gun, but has so many parts, and extra little things. Then lets say a spyder compact. A nice gun, not the most amazing gun in the world though. The spyder has less parts.(basically stricker, bolt, trigger, lpc, and asa).
Therefore less to go wrong, and as a result more reliable. Fair enough, the cocker 2000 comes with a reg, and maybe a better barrel.But i bet that most (if not all) people change there stock parts anyway. So you spend the cash on parts you don't want. With the not as cool spyder you could spend the extra cash on aftermarket accessories.

Basically what this comes down to is that you could spend £400 on a cocker2000 and £80 on a spyder compact2000, and for £380 you could have a spyder compact with a dye boomstick, aa vigalante, e-lcd frame(electro), and have a gun with less chance of prblems.

Please tell me what you think about this because I'm very interested to know what everyone thinks.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
cocker

i would say go for the cocker over a spyder any day, ive used both and my spyder just fell tobits. the stock parts on the 2000 cocker are fine and i know of lots of ppl that still use them, most just change the barrel

hope this helps
Andy

Senior_D

Aug 29, 2001
London
Visit site
spyder

I have a spyder compact2000, and am not trying to say my gun is better at all . I love cockers anyway. I've had my gun for a year now and have never had a problem ever. But the point i'm trying to make is that, in theory the spyder is more reliable. And the boo-yah is fine. I've never had or know of problems with it.

But could we get more people to say what they think,
(and just spyder sucks, cocker is better because the name sounds better. I wanna know why you think so.) :p :p

Skurge420

Jul 15, 2001
NY
www.paintballonline.i-p.com
yea my 2000 cocker, all i did at first was change the barrel......never had a problem

and the point about having a spyder "tricked"....you can only take a spyder so far, doing everything to a cocker you will have a much better gun

Reno

Jul 31, 2001
Reno, NV
Visit site
My feeling is if that you maintain a cocker and a spyder at the same level the cocker will toast the spyder in terms of long term reliability. And I've never had a case of dreaded bolt-stick with my 2k.

Jul 27, 2001
Slutton Surrey
Visit site
How do these Boo Yaah jobbies work

surely a electric trigger will only make the trigger pull shorter? i thought a spyder couldn't cycle faster then say 8 balls a second without adding some kind of solonoid to speed up the cycle speed?

Senior_D

Aug 29, 2001
London
Visit site
Fair enough, a cocker2k is a damn good gun no questions asked, but just so you know I was using the two guns as an example. I'm basing reliabillity on less parts.(the probabillity that a gun with more parts will go down is higher)

An elcd will take a spyder up to 15balls a scond(why wouldn't it?)as long as you have a 12v revy.
:p :p :p