Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hi new to the forum, and Walk On days

Yolandie

Sep 23, 2009
Hi. So i've managed to play paintball through work & stag do's etc at least twice a year for the last 5/6 years, luckily my work have setup a quarterly 'paid for' event, so i have finally bought my own mask (empire e-vents) which is awesome.

So i want to start playing a little bit more regularly and have heard of "walk on days" but have a couple of questions:

A) do i have to have my own gun/hopper/tank for a walk on or can i still rent?

B) The same but with overalls, do i need to hit up my local army surplus for some camo?

Im guessing not having A would defeat the point of a walk on, but you never know! :)

C) Im bristol based, any recomendations for walk on sites?

D) Im looking at getting a gun in the future and have my eye on a TPN Bravo one or sierra one and running these on Air, any thoughts?, will i get laughed at when i turn up?

I know the TPN 98 and the BT-5 are pretty popular reliable markers, i was after somthing a little bit more mill-sim... :)

Thanks for reading, great if you can help.

Yolandie.

sundance1968

sundance1968
Jan 26, 2009
nottingham
walk ons

if you go to a walk on, you'll be able to rent a marker but youll be outgunned as walk ons are aimed at people with their own equipment and markers and these markers will be far superior than a site marker and it may put you off!
i reccomend you pick up an electro marker and loader and run the marker on air not co2
good starter marker slg ul, or mil sim try a sp1 or sp8 ive heard theyre good but im not 100% upto date on the mil sim side, but i would say go for a 2nd hand etek or ego just because theyre so reliable and perform well.
loaders are important i'd go for eyeforce viewloader or empire reloader 2 theyre cheap and ok but if you can afford a bit more go for halo b or vlocity loader these are about 55-60 quid mark new and perform well
dont know about bristol sites ect but hope this helps and welcome to paintball

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
Hi Yolandie,

If you're into the more milsim stuff have a look at www.UKScenario.com. Very helpful bunch, also quite a few teams and people in the South West.

Funnily enough we played a game down in Glastonbury at the beginning of the month.

Nemesis are the biggest Scenario team down your way. Also there is the Bunker in Exeter.

Cheers,

Niall

Welshballer

AUP Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Rhondda
Congratulations on taking the next step :) . I'd also second the SP-1 as it is a brilliant little marker, festooned with rails for bolting laser scopes and sights etc. on for the mil sim look, as well as being incredible easy to maintain (practically falls apart and reassembles itself). Also, being an electro means that you have the potential to upgrade the board to one with a faster rate of fire (if you feel you need it).
As far as clothing is concerned, its your preference. Some players go to wak-ons with the full camo look, while others wear clothes specially designed for paintball, at the end of the day it's your choice, hell, wear shorts and t shirt if you want ;)

Yolandie

Sep 23, 2009
Thanks for the replies. :)

I will look at the Bunker, I get down to exeter quite regularly so that may be another place to ask around.

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
They're having a walk on this Sunday actually. Lovely bunch of guys. Going Postal is the name of the team there.

Be warned though, the Bunker is largely indoor. Not for the faint hearted. Lots of corridors. blind bends. dark rooms. (they also do limited paint so there's not a massive amount of paint flying about, 250 fps as well, so it's not totally insane)

The Nemesis site is at Pylle, I believe they have another one somewhere else in the winter.

Yolandie

Sep 23, 2009
ha... :) .. well im down in exeter on saturday but playing at Hamburger Hill on Sunday, so i cant make it.

Ive wondered for a while about indoor paintball, hmmm i think i would poop myself on the first outing!

Thanks,

Yolandie

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
There is a site not far from me (cheltenham) I use my own gun and just join in with the groups. They dont do walk on days as such as there dosnt seem to be enough people with their own guns in my area. Feel free to pm me for details.

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
look on the for sale thread on here bud there are a few milsim guns and tippmans are bullet proof so you will get a good gun that saves you a few pennies over brand new

Yolandie

Sep 23, 2009
Thanks for all this, its great to give me some steerage in the right direction -> away from plonkers ville. :)