Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

hopper speeds?

Rit

What do seaguls say?
a revveeee: about 14 per sec, but is ya go that quick the paintballs do tend to bounce and might chop a bit

Halo: 22 about had a bit of trouble setting it up though once it works its sweet.

egg: about 19, if you can out shoot it ya doin well.

These are all "ish" ball counts by the way and not to be taken as gospel.:D

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
In reality drop tests don't mean anything. Which is the numbers Rit is talking about.

What matters is when you put it onto a gun how fast you can then shoot paint out the end of your barrel.

This also depends on how fast your gun cycles.

Real world figures are...

With a Revy, upto around 10-12, can get 13 (with a fast gun) or occasionally 16bps but only for two shots.

Egg, consistant 11-13bps, far more consistant than the revy so seems to feed faster. But it doesn't really. Occasionnaly will fluke a few shots faster like the revy but because of how it works this is even less likely to happen than with a revy. Most Evo's allow a gun to shoot a reliable 11-12bps but seem faster because they are consistant at this rate. I've only ever seen one Evo allow a 13bps firing rate. My Y-board evo only lets me get to 11-12bps.

Richochet, around 9-11bps similarly to the Revy, occassionally you will get a few faster shots.

Reloader 10-12, but feeds more consistantly than the revy due to not having to wait for an eye to detect a gap but instead spinning with every shot.

Halo B 17-18bps consistantly, can get up to 22bps with a fast gun.

These are real world figures I got from testing via a gun with an eye.

In anyone else has any proof of different rates (and not just I can shoot blah blah blah or my LCD screen shows I hit blah blah blah ;) ) I would really like to see it!

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
With.

I tested a Pre BE rev, a BE Rev, and an X-board rev. Pre Be and X-board worked pretty much the same!

BE standard Rev (without X board) was way, way slow to respond. It has the same rof between shots that were in the feed tube but had huge gaps between short strings of balls. Not good!

Oh I tested a turbo rev also. Similar performance to the reloader but ATE up batteries like no tomorrow. The reloader averaged just a bit faster and more consistent than the other gravity based loaders and the batteries seem to last forever!

ChrisWhiteSTEL

Mile High Club
Oct 21, 2002
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
Unfortunatly, because the revvy is a vert drop relying on gravity and the laws of average that a ball will take a path down that feed tube. The paddle tips the average slightly, but still not quite as good as the Eggy2.

I have used me eggy2 on me Impy and Ir3 and it seems to manage way better than the revvy did. This i think is due to design rarther than speed... it is a standard board Eggy2 as well.

There needs to be a development somewhere between the Eggy2-Y and HaloB.

Fingers Crossed for a new hopper :D