The Home Of European Paintball

Inter university Tourney

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
hi,
its rich from uni of portsmouth.
i have heard lots about the inter uni championships but nothing has arisen. i have emailed dups and heard nothing
i am now willing to try and set up this tounament if i will get some help.
so if anyone can lend advice or are willing to help please write.

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
Hi Rich,

Bully was willing to help out the last time this idea came up. It would mean playing up in the frozen north but I'm sure you could arrange the use of a nice concept site through him

You'd need at least 6 uni teams entered before it became even remotely viable from an economic standpoint though

Alex Hicks.

Just your average lunatic
Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
I will sort out a team for Bath uni. I am not on the exec here but no-one else knows anything about tourneys and they seemed quite up for it when I mentioned it. I am willing to help in any way I can.
It was me that orignally contacted Bully, BUSA and all the unions but since leaving Durham I have been pretty much out of it and the DUPS exec were supposed to have taken over. I think it was twelve uni's that originally responded with interest but Dan 2 has all the contact details of those as my Durham email account was closed and only Dan had a copy of the mails.
I have got a copy of the BUSA handbook with the contact details of all uni's in the UK and also the letter from BUSA for whoever organises the tournament. BUSA will not support the event until it has been up and running for a while and at that point require a request from the president of the sports UK federation (I assume that would be Bully).
Has the decision on the status of paintball as a sport been made yet?

Sleeping Beauty

Look ... I got a star !!
Feb 1, 2002
Visit site
DUPS exec were supposed to have taken over

I wouldn't rely on Durham Uni to get anything done. They're generally apathetic and I'm quite surprised they managed to get five people together to form a paintball team in the first place. (No offence meant to you Alex but I wouldn't wait for them to make any announcements.) There's been loads of uni teams formed recently, (Durham, Plymouth, Cardiff, York), that I've met and they all seem really keen to see this up and running.

(PS. Durham Uni give you an Alumni email account when you leave - might they have transferred the emails there ??)

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
Official "UKSport" (Sports Councils) decision as to whether Paintball is going to be recogised is due to be made in mid-march... only 11 months behind schedule. Yes they really have stalled that long!

Nb. About three/four years ago there was a short-lived University Paintball Federation. It folded due to lack of interest but if you want to try resurrecting it within the UKPSF we'll see what we can do

Perhaps a better way would be to contact paintballers who go to uni and give them the responsibility of organising the team rahter than sending mails to the actual clubs.

For example Salford has a Shooting/Paintball club but theres only a few paintballers there, mostly its lame target shooting.
An email sent to us that way would probably never get read never mind a team organised.
Its up to any tourneyt ballers out there to come down with a few mates.

I remember there was a venue confirmed and an approximate date but if all thats gone down the pan then there is an opening for another organiser (Alex you seem to know more than most)

SAD are currently running the Midlands masters and im sure Blakey and Phil will be only too happy to help in any way they can.

hope to see you all on a field soon, competing to see which uni plays the best 'ball.