Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Intimidator v Angel Speed

ISurender

Oct 21, 2003
Visit site
Is a Timmy with a W.A.S board or an Angel Speed a faster better and lighter front players gun. Please reply if youve had a chance to shoot both.

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
Speed's gotta be lighter, every timmy I've ever seen weighs about 35 pounds without a tank. The Speed is definitely more compact, I don't care if you like Timmy's or not, you can't deny that their overall length makes them less than ideal for a front player. I don't know how fast the WAS is, but the Speed's board is capped at 30, that should be plenty for anybody. I'd definitely go for the Speed as a front player. You might also consider the Angel 4 since it's half and inch shorter, 20% lighter, and faster than the Speed, and only about $300 more.

We've been trying out the tiimmys and the angels at our practices for the last few months. Honestly, being a front player, I cant get comfortable in little bunkers with that metal monstrosity they call the timmy. Mostly what I dont like is the hopper being so far forward. The GZ timmy weight isnt so bad and its a really fast and accurate marker. But chop one ball and it turns into a blender. The recoil on those things isnt so nice either. The new angels we have been expirimenting with on the other hand have been optimal. They can get real tight and amazingly fast if they are set up right. I havent had a bolt chop in two cases with my new one. Just watch shooting them dry, the ball detents arent happy when you do that.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
yeah ive fires a timmy that absolutly ripped (emptied a halo faster than i could load it!) and there was no kick at all

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
i play front too......

from what you have said it definatly sounds like who ever set your timmy up has the pressure set quite high, if you lowered it and changed a couple of other things you could eliminate the kick quite easily

But regardless of kick, do you think they are awkward to play with in small tight bunkers that us front player make love to? My expiriences have been that I am far more comfy with an angel in laydowns and other front bunkers than I am with a timmy. Then again, what do I know...

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Plus also, it doesn't really make a difference if your gat is a bit long because you can use the length to push into the bunker - keeping yourself tighter:)

And Front bunkers are definately getting bigger (thank god) whilst the back corners are getting smaller:D