Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion Vlocity problem

crumpler

BEorangeD
Oct 24, 2005
Norfolk
Visit site
Ok well yesterday i tried to use my ion but the vlocity would not go over 250fps and that was runing the gun on about 200-210psi(not suposed to go over 200 on an ion) Well i just want to no if any one has any idea why this was??

I have tried messing around with my dwell, lubed the bolt, cleaned noid and none of it worked. I had a idea that for some reason it may be the bolt but when i went to put the stock bolt on i pulled the battery wires out and never got a chance to try it:rolleyes: i have now soldered the wires back on and just want to know if any one else has had this problum? I think it may be the Qev not venting the air quick enough or something but as i dont have the old banjo to try it and no other Qev so i dont know about that?

Any help Please???

EDIT: i also tried changeing the battery 3 times, they were enegiser, duracell and duracell plus (thanks to matt)

crumpler

BEorangeD
Oct 24, 2005
Norfolk
Visit site
yeah thats why im asking why my vlocity wont go over 250fps, i only put it up to 200psi to see if it made a difference, i dont get it stock ions run on 180psi and my ion was runing on about 150psi a wile ago but i dont know what i have done to it to make it change??

I had an idea about the QEV being blocked but i have no idea how to clean it? i posted this on PBnation and somone said buy a new Qev as its only like £10 but if this keeps happening its not gonna just be £10 if i need to buy more so i need to know how to clean them?

Dose any one know if there is any setings on the BH board that may have done this?

crumpler

BEorangeD
Oct 24, 2005
Norfolk
Visit site
Originally posted by niax
battery?
As i said i tried 3 batterys

Originally posted by Lovetone
does sound like a good idea to clean the QEV> never doen it myself but i know its really easy. its like 2 bits to a QEV.
well i would do that but i have no idea how to do it. I no its two pieces but how do i clean the insides of it??

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
cotton wool tip thingy
and then relube with light oil.

bear in mind when you strip and clean your ion that dow33 can clog the internals (read QEV) so dont use too much.
this is a problem on egos if people use dow33 on certain parts the qev's can get clogged = velocity problems

crumpler

BEorangeD
Oct 24, 2005
Norfolk
Visit site
Originally posted by Lovetone
(read QEV)
???

Originally posted by rentonc
maybe inline reg needs a clean?
it cant really be the inline as it is still geting the air into the gun as said on the guage, if you can say a reason why it may be then inline then i will try that. (If somone can give a link for a walk-through)

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by crumpler
???

it cant really be the inline as it is still geting the air into the gun as said on the guage, if you can say a reason why it may be then inline then i will try that. (If somone can give a link for a walk-through)
if you havent cleaned the inline you need to do that first before anything really

and the (read QEV) meant, that when i said "clog the internal" i was particluarly referring to the QEV part....:rolleyes: