Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Kids Today...

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
With reference to Paintball. In your opinions, which of the 10 phrases below are true (in the UK), and why?

Kids today:

1. Will continue to grow our game, and it's future is safe.
2. Are the problem with todays game
3. Are contributing more and more to the industry
4. Contribute nothing, yet take everything they possibly can from the industry
5. r 'kewl' - u just hav 2 undustand dem
6. Hey, we were all kids once, before we were ostriches, let them be.
7. Have no respeck
8. Will design killer technically superior paintball products for future use.
9. Will probably bring about the death of paintball as we know it.
10. Respect the older and more experienced players they play with/against.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
With reference to Paintball. In your opinions, which of the 10 phrases below are true (in the UK), and why?

Kids today:

1. Will continue to grow our game, and it's future is safe.
2. Are the problem with todays game
3. Are contributing more and more to the industry
4. Contribute nothing, yet take everything they possibly can from the industry
5. r 'kewl' - u just hav 2 undustand dem
6. Hey, we were all kids once, before we were ostriches, let them be.
7. Have no respeck
8. Will design killer technically superior paintball products for future use.
9. Will probably bring about the death of paintball as we know it.
10. Respect the older and more experienced players they play with/against.
All true, a lot of it depends on the 'kids' in question and the mentors they have!

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
All true, a lot of it depends on the 'kids' in question and the mentors they have!
Try to generalise, in the context of 'Kids today', as in:

'Kids today don't know they're born'

Obviously some kids know they're born...

I am not sure in a generalism you could claim both 3 and 4 to be true, while if you resort to specific cases I am sure you could. There are always exceptions.

eg. I believe that, in general 2, 4 and 9 are true

I am just interested to see if anyone cares or not, or whether everyone believes that 'fate is inexorable' and that nothing can be done about any of the above, even if it's true or false.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Kids today consume far too much sugar and as a result spend far too much time being hyper!

As for their knowledge of birth or otherwise, they seem to know the facts of life far earlier than we ever did, especially those around paintball :rolleyes:

In reply to the edited additional content of the above post, I think that is a very negative attitude!

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Kids today consume far too much sugar and as a result spend far too much time being hyper!

As for their knowledge of birth or otherwise, they seem to know the facts of life far earlier than we ever did, especially those around paintball :rolleyes:
Thanks. I was kinda looking for a ' I think number 2 is unfair and this is why' kind of answer, but its cool, all cool, and you're right, they do know about the birds and the bee's real early.

Pmr Man

otherwise known as Bing!
Apr 24, 2008
satans layby- MILTON KEYNES
i'm 15 and try to be respectfull as possible. the chances are you probably, due to the nature of the thread you think negatively about some kids, be it a 1or 2, a handfull or a generalization.
now i havn't been playing that long but i agree that there are some people can bee a bit iffy, but i dont know the story as you see it which makes life difficult. one of the problems is respect, it works two ways, so say if one or few people make an accusation, anyone who does not think they belong in that generalization will feel hurt or angry. therefore a circle of negativity starts.
to be fair there are C**Ks who ruin thing in life, but they are in the adult world aswell. also many generations think the kids generation is unruly and whatever, thats been going on for quite some time.
so my two pence is this: kids life is like adult life and people are varied from person to person. therefore you can't generalise. because its simply not true

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
2 & 7 for sure and 9 might actually be a good thing.

Paintball at any level is a massive commitment financial and time. Most don't really understand or make this commitment, which in my mind is a lack of repect (no7). This leads to No.2, because they either suck on field, cheat like little cnuts or fcuk up your team relationships. This leads to the raft of stupid rules at Tournaments and beastly German ultimates, which in turn takes us to No 9. What's the point of spending several G's a year to have a sh*t time at an event. May as well go Vegas do the lot on hookers & blow and actually have a good time. At the moment the Paintball industry (sic) is alienating many people above 25 by pandering to the little runts.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
i'm 15 and try to be respectfull as possible. the chances are you probably, due to the nature of the thread you think negatively about some kids, be it a 1or 2, a handfull or a generalization.
now i havn't been playing that long but i agree that there are some people can bee a bit iffy, but i dont know the story as you see it which makes life difficult. one of the problems is respect, it works two ways, so say if one or few people make an accusation, anyone who does not think they belong in that generalization will feel hurt or angry. therefore a circle of negativity starts.
to be fair there are C**Ks who ruin thing in life, but they are in the adult world aswell. also many generations think the kids generation is unruly and whatever, thats been going on for quite some time.
so my two pence is this: kids life is like adult life and people are varied from person to person. therefore you can't generalise. because its simply not true
6 are positive, 4 are negative, so I don't think there is an imbalance, and besides, it's opinion-based.

Pmr Man

otherwise known as Bing!
Apr 24, 2008
satans layby- MILTON KEYNES
6 are positive, 4 are negative, so I don't think there is an imbalance, and besides, it's opinion-based.
Touche, i guess what i mean some adults are quick to judge. and those people; be it a minority or majority(- those who have more experience pleace explain how much are "good" in your eyes)
who are "good" have to bath in the soup of bad reputation