Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Late to the sport but it's just so much fun!

Boog Bry

Mar 7, 2015
Hi, I'm fairly old to be getting into this game at 38 but I'm relatively fit. I've been to a few paintball parties over the years but only recently I've been to a few open nights at my local centre. It's small and independantly run so very friendly and welcoming. I've also managed to drag my nephew along with me as my kids are only 9 and 10 and wouldn't handle the pain. He enjoys it as well and even though I'm twice his age I've seen him off on the field more than he has me. This has given me even more encouragement. My local centre will be doing walk ons all summer so that's good for me as all my mates prefer to be sitting in the pub on a Sunday.

The masks at the local centre are basic and fogged up really quickly so that will be first on my list, I just need to rack up enough posts to use the classifieds now.

So that's a big hello from me and I reckon I'll be sniffing around for advice before long!

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Welcome, never too late to start. Where are you based? Be worth going to a shop to try on masks before you take a punt at a second hand one unless you have tried some already and found what you like. Cost more to sit in a pub than do a days walkon, rather have a pint after all the fun and pain lol.

Boog Bry

Mar 7, 2015
I'm based in Dumfries and Galloway, I've had a quick search for shops and can't find any local. Although there is plenty of paintballing centres around here and in Cumbria. Cheers for the welcome :)

wrenny

Jun 2, 2011
Derbyshire
hey welcome, where abouts you live as maybe you can get recomendations for the better sites even if its a 10 mile drive out... for me my best local is NPF Bassetts pole (In Birmingham) top site top staff soo laid back nothing too hardcore and OTT.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
You need to get down to prozone in Annan. Was their walkon today was good crack its owners are pretty sweet too run good games, also have two big games going this year aswell

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Hi, I'm fairly old to be getting into this game at 38 but I'm relatively fit. I've been to a few paintball parties over the years but only recently I've been to a few open nights at my local centre. It's small and independantly run so very friendly and welcoming. I've also managed to drag my nephew along with me as my kids are only 9 and 10 and wouldn't handle the pain. He enjoys it as well and even though I'm twice his age I've seen him off on the field more than he has me. This has given me even more encouragement. My local centre will be doing walk ons all summer so that's good for me as all my mates prefer to be sitting in the pub on a Sunday.

The masks at the local centre are basic and fogged up really quickly so that will be first on my list, I just need to rack up enough posts to use the classifieds now.

So that's a big hello from me and I reckon I'll be sniffing around for advice before long!
Hello! Welcome! Same age as me mate (y)

Boog Bry

Mar 7, 2015
You need to get down to prozone in Annan. Was their walkon today was good crack its owners are pretty sweet too run good games, also have two big games going this year aswell
I had a look at that and did have the full intention of going but my wife was working and my kids had a friend sleep over Saturday so that was that. Do they have a shop there?

Hello! Welcome! Same age as me mate (y)
Cheers for the welcome, I don't feel 38 and certainly don't act it!

Reactions: Bolter

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Monkeyfacepaintball I believe but its not at the site. Let me know if your going to Aprils walkon few of us have different masks quite welcome to see what fits you best.

Reactions: Boog Bry

Boog Bry

Mar 7, 2015
Sounds good reaper. I'll book that in with the wife although she'll be working but the outlaws will have the kids for me. I'll be doing the last open night in Carlisle at the end of this month, it's a night time do and good fun at that. It's just a small site though but the guy that runs it does some decent games. It's only small, not sure if you've been? The Annan one looks like it will present a bigger challenge, the bunkers look interesting!

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
What's the site called? Don't think ill have played there spend most time at pointblank Darlington and prozone Annan. That and big games around the country. The site is sweet plenty of woodland buildings and open spaces something for anyone who likes scenario/woodsball