The Home Of European Paintball

Lucky Ego Air Assist valve

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
BOLDY said:
Dont quote me on this but im sure that Nicky T Went on PB nation on an exact same thread and said that all after market products that weren't sold through Eclipse were'nt worth the effort.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1483182

About half way down i think dude if it helps
Boldy i will quote you on this, as that is not what i said :eek:

Read the thread properly, and you will see that i said we will not be offering an Eclipse version of the Lucky Valve Kit.

Nicky T

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Nicky T said:
Being the task master that he is, nothing has given the performance gains that he deemed necessary to release an aftermarket upgrade kit. In short we are always evaluating how we can improve the Egos performance, and will not release products that do not boost your markers performance.
quoted from pbn - obviously not skeet.

from what ive read so far it seems that you have to add more parts than just the lucky valve to gain any appreciable reduction in kick. i.e. : lightened bolt/bolt pin and rammer but as you get absolutely no instructions or guides with the kit it is a matter of trial and error with different parts and weights, also you have to source out new springs as well. Evolve are rumoured to be working on a valve too.

Guys on pbnation have mixed results on fitting the kit ranging from 'made a slight improvement over standard with original parts still fitted' to 'oh dear my marker no longer works' !

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
ANDY-501 said:
from what ive read so far it seems that you have to add more parts than just the lucky valve to gain any appreciable reduction in kick. i.e. : lightened bolt/bolt pin and rammer but as you get absolutely no instructions or guides with the kit it is a matter of trial and error with different parts and weights, also you have to source out new springs as well. Evolve are rumoured to be working on a valve too.

Guys on pbnation have mixed results on fitting the kit ranging from 'made a slight improvement over standard with original parts still fitted' to 'oh dear my marker no longer works' !
Your right it does seem that Lucky have released half a product without proper testing, mine now appears to be at the post office waiting for me to pay the import duty (Damn bank holidays).

I already have a lightweight bolt and pin sorted, just need to make a lighter rammer and start testing some springs.

Will report back if/when i get it to work properly :p

Martin from Evolve did post somewhere on pbnation about ego kits but stated they haden't looked into it in any detail :rolleyes:

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
as i already own one, i can let you in on a few secrets, all this is, is a very light valve, ie it opens very easily.

i use a very light spring on the valve and have altered spring ratios in my lpr, so that i can run at 70psi.

i havent played with it yet, other than setup, it basically allows for kick reduction, at the min this is probably the only benefit found, although i will keep testing