Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Man dies in London, Paintballers responsible......for raising money for his daughter.

Buns of steel

Coach & Banker!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2003
sussex.
Visit site
Tigers Quest yours for £10................truth...fact

Just added to prize fund London Tigers Quest, yours if you have the lucky ticket number.

Will give details in new post in this thread.:D;)

On the 5th July I am running a charity event for the 18 month old Daughter of a workmate who was tragicly knocked off his bicycle and killed over the May Bank holiday weekend.
The venue is Mayhem Essex, Abridge it will run from 5-11pm and will include paintball, laser-tag, target shooting and more to be confirmed.

I have already got a lot of people giving their help already, Jackie & John @ Kee action sports, John Payne @ JCS, Russ from Shockwave, Scott @ Manic, Spike from Pro-caps and many more who will get just as big a thank you. Also Beaker and the guys at PGI are helping to raise funds.

You can help in 2 ways, firstly by contributing any paint you can spare to the cause, we will be selling it on the night and 100% of the money, not just the profits, will go into a trust fund for Ava-Rose. I have spoke to Syd(NSPL) and we will be setting up a "Charity-box" at the next big event.

Secondly you can buy the online tickets to come to the event, they will be onsale for £10 which will get you 200 paintballs and paint will be @ £5 a 100. If you have a friend or workmate who you struggle to explain what paintball is, buy them a ticket.

Rob and Ronnie Hollington have provided their site free of charge and I am asking the Tigers to help marshal the event.

I will be posting all the details for tickets and you can PM me for any other details.

I am also hoping to get some exclusive team items which will be auctioned online.

I am hoping I've made more friends than enemies in my 14 years as a paintballer, but as the post says after all the SH*T that has gone down heres a chance to feel good about being a paintballer.

And 1 other thing, in this sceptical world we live in some people will unfortunately be looking for the "What's in it for him?"

Just a selfish need to feel better about myself.

Buns of steel

Coach & Banker!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2003
sussex.
Visit site
Every little helps.

Just had a call asking me how much paint is needed for a contribution. As much as I can get, but as little as you want to give, at Syds next event, Heavens Gate I believe we are going to set up donation boxes near the fields, if you've won or even if you've lost and have a bit of paint in a pot or hopper as you come off, just drop it in the bag and it will get to the event.

I am not asking you to dip in your pocket for cash, just spare a little paint for a good cause. A hundred paintballs is a couple of quid to you, its a fiver to the fund.

One other point the call brought up is the "What's in it for You?" or what's the Scam.
I was going to make a contribution to the trust fund that's been set up for Ava-Rose, but thought I'd buy paint and sell it at my site in Brighton and give the profit to the fund. I'm now going to buy the same ammount of paint and sell it at the event and all the cash will go to the fund.

A lot of people know me and hopefully can vouch for my good intentions.

Please post and keep this thread going.

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
That really sucks man, sorry about the news.Great that mayhem and ballers are pulling together for a good cause. I should be there as my birthday is the day before, so will have money to spend the day after. Hopefully see you in july mate:D

And also would be possible to by tickets/entry on the day at Mayhem? And our we allowed our own gear or is this rental?

Buns of steel

Coach & Banker!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2003
sussex.
Visit site
See you there.

That really sucks man, sorry about the news.Great that mayhem and ballers are pulling together for a good cause. I should be there as my birthday is the day before, so will have money to spend the day after. Hopefully see you in july mate:D

This is ticket only event, tickets will be downloadable and you get your ticket number when you pay your green fee. Hoping to have a Paintball related Prize and a non-paintball related prize for two lucky ticket holders to be drawn on the night, anyone involved in helping who contributes their wages to the fund will also be included in this draw.
Speaking to people now about the prizes and will announce them ASAP.

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
Steve,

I think this is a worthwile cause and well done m8 for taking the steps to do something for this chaps poor widdow & daughter.

In response to this yesterday it was decided by the team that the UK Preds will donate the cases of paint that they won for first place in the NSPL to your cause.

On top of that Procaps will also donate paint for the event and also a couple of raffle / auction items. Subject to travel commitments, I will also be present on the night and I'll either play of referee what ever you wish me to do.

Xander & Bernie are also in for this providing they are not working and I will drum up a few others for you. I would suggest we make pro's use max ramping possible for more money into the fund! Seriously - everyone give to this cause and try to bring a couple of friends with you.

I can also assure you of Steve's honourability - there is no scam.

Buns of steel

Coach & Banker!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2003
sussex.
Visit site
Thanks Spike, will thank Twizz and the guys personally. Am designing tickets and setting up payment details as we speak, will post up link as soon as done.
Also there will be two types of games going on, Rec and Sport.
Rec can play against Sport if they want to, but not the other way round, this will not be a Punter Hunter event. If you want to pick up a site gun and play with the real Ballers then your welcome to do that.

There will also be Laser tag at the venue run seperately, for those people who can't or don't want to play paintball. Your ticket can be exchanged for this option or you can pay for a session on the night.

Can I say I am already amazed at the help people are giving for someone they have never met, but please don't assume that it's enough, be part of a great event.

Buns of steel

Coach & Banker!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2003
sussex.
Visit site
My contact details

Cheers Mate, Paint would be appreciatted because it generates more money that way and if people enjoy themselves using it even better. I am speaking to sites and suppliers and if we can all work together we can arrange a network of drop off points to get any paint to the venue, will post up list of drop off points ASAP.:cool:

Just as a taster of other related items, would you like to own team shirts signed by some of the best players in Europe and America..........watch this space.:)

My contact details are stevewilson280@msn.com or steve.wilson280@blueyonder.co.uk.

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
hey mate, will donate all the balls i had left over from the last walkon, i can give them to jamie mole as he sometimes comes trainin with us (mayhem knights). Its only bout 200 but every little helps, i might have some more from the next walkon! would love to come to the event, when do the tickets go on sale? and can we use our own guns etc? look forward to hearing from you, please give my regards to his widow and daughter

chris

Buns of steel

Coach & Banker!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2003
sussex.
Visit site
Just what we need

Cheers Chris, this is just what we need, the paint and then you coming to use it are what this is all about, Ninian was due to come play at my site before the accident, so this is the game he never had.
Yes you can use your own kit if you play against other "Sport" players, and "Rec" players can play against the "Sport" guys, just not the other way round, the Tigers will be there and I know some of you wanted to try the Quest, so just ask on the night, any players wanting to show of their "Gats" are more than welcome.

E-Tickets will go up as soon as I sort out PayPal account, you can print off ticket, make your payment and get your ticket number which you fill in, you will need this to get access to the site. On the evening any Raffle prizes will be drawn by ticket number, all helpers will be given a ticket number if they choose to make a contribution.