Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Rules Interpretation ?

Dannefaerd

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2001
New Zealand
www.whatever.net.nz
Just a quick one on an interpretation on one of the Millennium Rules .....

10.30 - Eliminated players will surrender their armbands to the closest judge and exit the field immediately or at a judge’s direction. Eliminated players are not allowed to talk. That includes saying “out” or “eliminated”.
Is this something that is actually enforced in the Millennium? If you're tagged you can't say "out" - if someone could confirm that would be excellent .... we're looking at adopting the Millennium playing rules - and this one has raised some questions/looks a little strange.

Also when I read 10.27 - it's talking about people falsly calling themselves out .... any help appreciated.

tukisilva

Fénix
Sep 4, 2002
Lisbon PT
renegados.com
In the Portugal leg of the MS every time someone hit me i shouted OUT, so i did it 8 times and nothing happened.

But I saw a game where a Marshal really gave 1x1 for the same reason, so…

Cheers

Dannefaerd

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2001
New Zealand
www.whatever.net.nz
Cheers for the answer - appreciate it.

Don't take this the wrong way - but does anyone have any other examples? After all I've read on the Portugal ref'ing I'm hesitant to take that as a good case study ;)

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
NPPL rules: 12.32 Players who are hit in an obvious location are expected to immediately signal their elimination by announcing "HIT" or "OUT" at the time of said elimination.

On this point Millennium has recently added a different rule, a rule I disagree with. Don't you think it is at least a little difficult for someone who has followed the above rule for 11 years to suddenly change? It is only natural for a player to shout "hit".

This rule is like the "no-look" rule from year-before-last: it needs to go the way of the dodo. IMO.

And how are marshalls going to keep up with such small changes when some still pull people out for tiny hits?

Steve

Ms Bossy

wotever :o)
Aug 26, 2002
I disagree, we marshalled toulouse last year and some players being eliminated were shouting out something in thier native tongue, as we only understood English we had no idea what they were saying, they could of been communicating with live players of were thay got shot from etc etc

I think the no speech rule should stay "dead men dont talk" ;)

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by Bud
I disagree, we marshalled toulouse last year and some players being eliminated were shouting out something in thier native tongue, as we only understood English we had no idea what they were saying, they could of been communicating with live players of were thay got shot from etc etc

I think the no speech rule should stay "dead men dont talk" ;)
Notice the rule states "hit" or "out", not "träffad" or "aus" or something else. And, in any case, marshalls should be able to hear the difference between a one or two syllable reaction to being hit and a whole sentence. I mean what can a person say at the moment of elimination? "I was just HIT from the lying can at the right 60!" Nah, I don't think so. This is a silly rule just like the no-look rule.

Then there is the bonus-balling factor. We players need all the help we can get in that area. And the bonus-balllers don't need any more excuses for what they do.

I think I know the rules pretty well but I will have a tendency to say hit for a long time to come. Another player will have to come out with me until I reprogram myself. C'est la vie.

Talking when walking off the field is a different matter.

Steve

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
hmmm...i saw people were take out of the game cause they said ****(broke a ball in the barrel or something,blah) and the marshall understood HIT. i saw people were taken out of the game cause they were yelling: HES OUT!(pointing the finger to an opponent, looking at the marshall). so, i was trained to avoid the words OUT and HIT and everything that sounds like that(hopefully) for 3 years now. and if you are marshalling, standing 3 meters away from someone who is screaming something, with adrenalin flooding his brain, he is really screaming, and hes is wearing a mask with faceplate(of course, if hes playing MS), you tell me you make the difference between out or hit or something else hes screaming in a language you might even never heard before in your whole life? dont think so. people shoul raise their arm, hand high over the head, get up and run to the sideline near them. marshalls should call them OUT loud and clear(and make the handsign)and 141 everybody whos still shooting like hell at the poor guy while hes leaving the field!

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by kidzero
...people shoul raise their arm, hand high over the head, get up and run to the sideline near them. marshalls should call them OUT loud and clear(and make the handsign)and 141 everybody whos still shooting like hell at the poor guy while hes leaving the field!
I generally agree with you. Get off the field pronto with hand or marker in the air the whole time. The proper penalty for bonus balling is simple elimination (unless it continues a lot more, then unsportsmanlike conduct). If, as a marshall, I see someone getting clearly bonus balled with hand or marker in the air, I will try to penalize the player or team. If the player is walking off slowly while looking at the game, without hand or marker in the air, no penalty.

But allow a player to react the same as all the years of paintball by saying HIT or OUT.

Steve

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
Nick & Steve..

Im afraid I dont agree with you on this one!
As I have seen in the states this thing cause alot of problem.
As we are used with the rule "dead dont talk" alot of teams over there use the "out call" as a warning to there teammates.

If we would adapt this rule then we need to ask how long after a hit a player can scream "out"? 1 second? 5 seconds? after his armband is off?
Or simply state that a dead player dont talk, period!

Safty issue? how about raising a arm or the gun when hit?
Have worked fine for the last 20 years..

I would rather see us putting energy on stuff that doesnt work then to fix a issue that isnt a problem.

Magued

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Nick & Steve..

Originally posted by Magued
Im afraid I dont agree with you on this one!
As I have seen in the states this thing cause alot of problem.
As we are used with the rule "dead dont talk" alot of teams over there use the "out call" as a warning to there teammates.

If we would adapt this rule then we need to ask how long after a hit a player can scream "out"? 1 second? 5 seconds? after his armband is off?
Or simply state that a dead player dont talk, period!

Safty issue? how about raising a arm or the gun when hit?
Have worked fine for the last 20 years..

I would rather see us putting energy on stuff that doesnt work then to fix a issue that isnt a problem.

Magued
Saying "hit" has worked well for 20 years also, but like most things can be abused. The ONLY time I think it should be allowed is immediately after a player knows they are hit. It should be pretty easy for anyone worthy of the striped jersey when saying hit is legit and when it is dead man's talk. No rocket science. But I agree that this is not the most important issue. I just don't look forward to the day when I cause a teammate to get pulled because of an 11-year habit I have. I also will have a hard time pulling a player out, as nitpicking as I am as a marshall, for having the reflex to say "hit" immediately after being hit.

Steve