The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Rules Interpretation ?

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by kidzero
i feel this goes to much for the player. i think the most important thing is that the marshalls call a player out very loud and clearly AND ( it is important, see?:D ) make the handsign. when i think of it, often i wasnt sure if a marshall really had called a player out, so i gave the guy one or two more.
I don't see it that way. I believe generally in the concept of marshalls interfering as little as possible in the flow of the game. (Which is why marshalls should avoid touching players while checking them unless they have been declared neutral. I can't stand for marshalls to grab a players marker or otherwise distract them while checking them. If a marshall must dig around to find a possible hit then that's what the neutral call is for.)

If a player gets up and hands me her armband then I don't feel a need to announce her elimination. And I don't think the rules call for that either. That's up to the teams to take note of.

On the other hand a player who shouts "hit" if he wants to MIGHT make it clearer to those attacking or shooting at the player.

Steve

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
have you ever seen the video of the first hyperball tourney in england (from 1996, i think). there marshalling looked very well done where the marshalls did the OUT-sign over shot players in a way that i think was clearly to see even from the farest back-corners(in case no huge pipe got in the line of sight;) ). i really liked it. the marshall wasnt interfering in the game , he just takes the player out with a clear signal.

Joern Windler

Laws in motioN
Apr 2, 2002
Germany
Visit site
I read this thread carefully, and I see reasons why a player has to say "hit, out eliminated" after acknowloedging his elimination, but I see more reasons to make them shut up. Beeing allowed to let your friends know that youre out of the game might be a huge advantage...

Im with the arguements of Robbo and Magued.

joern.

..and god said: :)

Players that take action which would cause members of the opposing team to reasonably believe that such players have been eliminated, including but not limited to calling himself “out” or “hit”, hiding the armbands, holding their hand or the markers in positions above the shoulders, placing objects in the barrel of the marker and carrying them in view of members of the opposing teams or walking in groups of eliminated players will be eliminated.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by windler

Players that take action which would cause members of the opposing team to reasonably believe that such players have been eliminated, including but not limited to calling himself “out” or “hit”, hiding the armbands, holding their hand or the markers in positions above the shoulders, placing objects in the barrel of the marker and carrying them in view of members of the opposing teams or walking in groups of eliminated players will be eliminated.
Not to be too annoying but the way I read this if a players wants to call himself out, he might as well go ahead and do so as there is no penalty other than being eliminated. (Which, of course, he already is anyway.)
If this is a "rule" it's too ambiguous.

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by windler
I read this thread carefully, and I see reasons why a player has to say "hit, out eliminated" after acknowloedging his elimination, but I see more reasons to make them shut up. Beeing allowed to let your friends know that youre out of the game might be a huge advantage...

Im with the arguements of Robbo and Magued.

joern.

..and god said: :)
So if I cause another player on my team to get pulled because of my inability to change an 11-year-old habit then I will shout, "Joern-damn it!" and probably cause another teammate to get pulled.:(

Steve

NeyZan

Dark lord of the Sith ;)
Jan 21, 2003
groups.msn.com
I am too with Magued And Robbo...

I Think the best is the marshall makes the signal, ando no one shout nothing.

this avoid comunication between the team and it's better for reffering..., if you are out, you didn't Anything... if you say somthing, playing on my friend... one for one.

this avoids problems and is more objective, eliminates black points in the rulebook.

and one shout aren't going to avoid overshooting to you !, it's difficult, if a am shooting at you, to listen you shouting out, if I didn't see the marshal signal, or your armband removed, I am going to keep shooting at you...

HA Malera

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I have to agree with nick on his last post, for several reasons..

1: If it's not legal to shout "out", or "fu**, or "blast or whatever damn is in your language, should it then be illegal to walk slowly off the field?? If you're positioned on the left 50' and the dead box is on the right corner, should you then take off all your gear, and wear a striped jersey to make sure noone on your team can spot that you're actually eliminated?? The easiest way for one of your teammates to know you're out is to spot you on your way to the dead box, with your armband off...

2: If to say "out" in the heat of the moment or heat of the "pain" is illegal, what then about saying AAAAAAAAAAAAAAERRRRRRRRRRRRRgggggggggghhhhhhhh, or ouch when you get bunkered in the back of your head?? Try to remember to shut up when you get bunkered and the pain strikes you next time... (yeah, i'm such a geek...)

3: And what about the marshalls?? The standard of marshalling is so inconsecuent, that this issue will never, NNNNEEEEEVVVVEEERRR EEEEEVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRR be treated the same on the different fields! Making the marshalls better on the very basic rules must (please tell me i'm right on this one) be a lot more important to the organisers than giving players 141 for saying ouch...

Like we saw in portugal, marshalling were up to no good, and the issue we're discussing her could in no way be treated either the right way or the same way...

Enjoy, Henrik

Please excuse my poor english..

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
re

i played a tourney this past weekend and players were even talking from the dead box to their own players!! now that really should be jumped on!! the marshalls did nothing! and the opposite team lost the game.......funny that eh!