Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

My Dyeing Attempt

Demonic69

I Created a Mocka!!!
May 21, 2005
Barnsley, UK
Visit site
Right, after reading lots on here and other forums about dying eggy shells I decided to give it a go.
So we took 1 Eggy:
Eggy
Some Dylon Dye:
Dye
And A big Pot:
Big Pot

1st we dismantle the Egg:
Oops

Then give it a Wash:
Splish

Next we Boil the big Pot O water, then add the Dye:
Mmmmmmmm

Then we chuck in the eggy bits and the white Bolt for my Timmy and stirr for hours and hours, keeping the water just below boiling. I used Scarlet Dye, which was poo, then found a Darker one which seemed a lot better, but I wish I'd used the darker earlier :D

With just the scarlet the bolt came out quite red:
red!
But I wanted darker, so added the other stuff and tried again, came out much nicer:
Dark :D

However, after a few hours and about £11's worth of Dye the shells came out a bit... Orangey-Pink and are streaked from the stirring:
Erm...

Now 3 more pics, 2 of the Redder bolt in the marker, then one with all the finished bits.
Boltage Close
Boltage Far
All the bits

I do intend to try this again, hopefully with just the dark colour, and suspending the bits in a better tank. I shall undoubtedly post on my progress.
For the mean time, if anyone wants a few pints/L of dark red Dye, great for white Delrin Bolts, they're welcome to it :D

On a side note, does anyone know for sure if these shells have some kind of saturation point? IE will they only take so much dye or can you just keep boiling and trying?

Cheers

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Polycarbonate paint is really good on eggs (paint the inside of the shells), and they do a good range of colours.
Saying that the dye looks good in your pic.

EyeFellOva

Ego-Maniac
Dec 7, 2004
Sunny Sheffield!
Visit site
I helped me bro do the dyeing :)

The bolt looks frikkin sweet in the flesh! And was the easiest part!

As for the egg shells... I think the concentration of dye to water was too weak. Next time we'll try more dye, and suspension of the items, stirring did them no good!

Anyone know where I can get a white delrin Ego bolt from ;)

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
Is coloring the bolt going to make any difference to the eyes?

I use WAS eyes and a white reflective bolt works much better then any other colour, or so says the manual.

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
Not knocking it dude it looks cool, I'm wondering to get a bit of red rit dye to give my bolt a go.

Saying that though I can imagine evolve colour / finish their bolts different to dipping them in colouring so I'm not sure. Anyone know?