Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

N v S The North LOST..i can prove it ;)

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Ok we've had the official result, but here's the mathematical result, showing that had the sides been balanced, the south would have won!

Total number of players 908
North had 80 more players than the south, which means
North 494 players
South 414 players

Lets look at the North first:

Total points scored: 3247
Divided by Number of players (494) = 6.57 points scored by each player

South
Total points scored: 2523
divided by number of players (414) = 6.09 points scored by each player

The north had 8.1% more players on the field (494 x 8.1% = 40) and so they had 8.1% more chance of scoring points. Therefore we need to deduct 8.1% from the average score per player.

North average score 6.57 x 8.1% = .54 which brings their per person score down to 6.04 points per player This is .05 of a point less than the southerners average.

Therefore i conclude that mathematics prove that the South had the edge over the Northerners on the day.

Well done South :)

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Ok we've had the official result, but here's the mathematical result, showing that had the sides been balanced, the south would have won!

Total number of players 908
North had 80 more players than the south, which means
North 494 players
South 414 players

Lets look at the North first:

Total points scored: 3247
Divided by Number of players (494) = 6.57 points scored by each player

South
Total points scored: 2523
divided by number of players (414) = 6.09 points scored by each player

The north had 8.1% more players on the field (494 x 8.1% = 40) and so they had 8.1% more chance of scoring points. Therefore we need to deduct 8.1% from the average score per player.

North average score 6.57 x 8.1% = .54 which brings their per person score down to 6.04 points per player This is .05 of a point less than the southerners average.

Therefore i conclude that mathematics prove that the South had the edge over the Northerners on the day.

Well done South :)
That complicated way of looking at it

As far as i see it
If you had the same amount of players you would have only score 3009 points (494 x 6.09) as its only the number of players that is a variable.

Come on admit it most of the Souths scoring was done by DB and his Gatlin guns anyway so i bet the player score average is probably 4.5 if DB was excluded :D

Biggie

Aug 7, 2006
Sheffield
so whats the reason (excuse) for the other years! :D :D :D

off you go theres another 3 more equations then your homeworks done. Gold star for you.

Realy couldn't help it ;););)

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
I know it's a cliche but "Statistics can be used to prove anything" - And there are numerous ways to mathematically calculate the imbalance, and there are numerous ones that would find in favour of either camp......i'm guessing you're only putting this up for Sh*ts and giggles though ;)

Mathematically George Bush lost the election.... ;)