Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

need help choosing marker

Feb 21, 2010
hi im new to the forum, ive been playing paintball at sites for a while now but ive been using there markers and wanted to get my own. i dont know any thing about the makes (dye tippman ect) as in how good they are and build quality. my birthday is coming up and im just searching to see if i could get a marker, hopper, gas canister and mask or if ill have to save up for a bit. so does any 1 know any marker or packages that would be good for me?

The first peice of kit you should get is goggles.
A good set of goggles will give you an advantage on the field because they will be more comfortable than the renatal goggles and wont steam up.

Before you decide on what gun to buy, try out as many as you can. People are often more than happy to let you have a little shoot of theirs if you ask nicely.

red dragon

red dragon
Mar 18, 2008
uk
Right guys the first thing you need is a good quality mask, then sort out what budget you have for a marker ect .there are plenty of people on here that will give you good advise weather its new or second hand gear you are after. plus there are paintball stores on here with some good start up deals.

Feb 21, 2010
what masks are good but not too expensive i wanted a new marker but dont mind second hand mask or hopper if any one has anything that would be good for me selling please let me know, also what packages and from where would be good???

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
what masks are good but not too expensive i wanted a new marker but dont mind second hand mask or hopper if any one has anything that would be good for me selling please let me know, also what packages and from where would be good???
Do you have a budget ???

If we have an idea of this , im sure many will be able to point you in the right direction..

If you are looking at a good start up package you will find everything you need from the p8nt sales section...

Feb 21, 2010
im not too sure on a budget because i dont know what price to expect is £250-300 resonable of too little bearing in mind i am not entering tornemants (yet anyway) but i could go higher but i would haveto save up so if there is a good package for £300 but if not i would rather save up than buy a rubish one and regretting it.

xDansomee

Speedball in the woods!
May 30, 2009
Manea, Cambs.
www.iBotModz.net
My first kit cost me about £120 lol, but I did buy second hand... Couldn't afford new at the time anyway.

I would buy second hand if I was you anyway, because then you will have more money to actually play paintball :)

Cheap kit would be;

Marker - SP Ion - £50-£70. (£120 new, I think).
Hopper - Reloader B - £20-£40. (£70 new).
Tank - 3000 PSI - £20-£30 (£40 new).
Mask - Empire Helix - £10-£20 (£10-£20 new).

That would set you back between £100 and £160. If your budget is £300, that leaves you atleast £140 to buy other pieces of kit like jerseys, packs etc and some for playing.

JakeS

Dec 21, 2009
Milton Keynes
I'm quite new myself but I'd say:

Proto SLG- £180 (£210 with ultralite frame)
Invert Too- £60
Proto Switch- £20/£25 (and can add a fan if you like)
3000psi Tank- £40
Coming in at £300