Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

need help choosing marker

goldenelite0

Jul 1, 2009
Yeah don't make the mistake if buying something cheap, it'll be rubbish and you may as well spend a fiver renting field guns than spending £80 on the same thing. I suggest that the minimum if you go for a brand new marker be £120 (Vibe and up). As for old markers, I'm not familiar with used prices but you could probably get an old Ego (best of the best when it was new) for cheap too.

I would recommend actually getting a brand new gun as your first just to get you into it, especially as you've got warranty if it goes wrong. Once you've learnt a bit about the pricings of guns and their maintenance, you're ready to delve into the used columns.

Whatever you pick we're here to help.

Aarron.

Moo, I'm a Pig.
Jan 26, 2010
United Kingdom, Manchester
If you want a reliable marker mate, grab yourself an Etek 2. But then thats my personal opinion and advise for someone starting up.
I got a Etek 2 for my first gun, looked up every video possible on youtube on how to set the gun/ maintain and what not. then went and bought a rotor and then pack & then a 1.1l 4500psi fiber bottle, then got my own mask JT flex 8 and then swapped my bottle for a smaller one.

i was v.lucky to have mates involved with the sport for years to lend me a mask and jersey and pants.

from reading what you said earlier a "you'll see a Migit running around" i presume your the smaller player, i would suggest a 0.8l tank simple because its smaller and tighter to you. i had a 1.1l and felt like i was streching for the trigger, now i got a 0.8l im alot tighter to my bunker and a more agile player (i personly think) you can easily find a good gun on here cheap, look out for Etek 1,2. Ego 05,6's there all good guns. expecially for the newer player. just keep popping into the 'For Sale' section you will get steals in there

i think theres a guy selling a whole kit atm for 450 inc ego 08 a rotor and events ill post the link below.

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?133798-LOOK-LOOK-ego-08-and-complete-kit-for-sale

ALEXCROSBIE

Apr 20, 2010
S****horpe
what you need to do in this order is get :

1. mask
2.air/Co2 bottle
3. Electric hopper
then finally a marker which one depends on what you play woodsball, sup air etc

Aarron.

Moo, I'm a Pig.
Jan 26, 2010
United Kingdom, Manchester
what you need to do in this order is get :

1. mask
2.air/Co2 bottle
3. Electric hopper
then finally a marker which one depends on what you play woodsball, sup air etc

Personaly I'd say get the gun before you get a bottle or a hopper, most places/people will have spare loader and tank but might not have a spare gun. There's no point in having a bottle and a loader with nothing to attach it to.

And don't bother with Co2 it's pointless HPA tank FTW.