Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

need help looking to buy a scenario gun with decent range and accuracy

Jamie pomfrey

Feb 21, 2013
looking to buy a decent scenario gun with a decent range, just went to the big game and my thoughts as i came back was that i need to buy a decent scenario gun. i have a proto rail reflex 2012 and yes it was good at close combat at range my balls curved. what interested me was the range some of the guys n girls where getting across the terrain was unbelievable so anyone with any advice please share their thoughts. i have the BT4 Delta Elite in mind at the moment

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Your gun is good already, just buy the barrel with an Apex on the end to give you more range and to curve the balls any which way you want, just make sure you buy a barrel with an Autococker thread so it`ll fit your gun, easy upgrade !! why buy another gun when you can have both In the One.
Of course your running on Air .. Right ?? Not C02.

Reactions: Sbcoyr

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Range is affected by various factors.
A good barrel / paint match goes a long way. Certain barrels such as the apex and flatline gain range through backspin. As Care bear has highlighted an apex genius can adjust the level of spin and in ideal circumstances turn around a corner or drop onto your head

Other types of paintball such as first strike can get better range

However all paintballs have to comply with the rules of physics. The paintball comes out of the barrel at a velocity. Along with the velocity, paintball size/weight there is a maximum range the paintball will go. It then has to compete with efficiency and consistency of the marker/barrel then come into contact with the open air and deal with cross winds or head winds.
Extra range can be made by firing high - if you fire forwards gravity will drop the paintball at a set rate, if you fire upwards it falls at the same rate but has further to drop and you gain range

A false indicator of extra range is that its easier for you to notice paintballs bouncing on the ground near you. Those you shoot can appear to only get as far as they first drop to the ground

Reactions: Care_Bears

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
The Delta Elite is a nice shooter.
You could also look at the Tippmann Phenom, its a nice gun and can be made to look like pretty much anything, plus the engine is better/more advanced than the Delta, which is built off a base BT4.

Range and accuracy has little to do with the gun and more to do with having balls matched to the right size barrel. Too loose and you lose range and accuracy, your gun will be loud and also use too much gas, too tight and you start breaking paint in the barrel. Ideally if you push the ball into the barrel (disconnect from gun first) it should stay there and not drop right out, but be able to be blown out of the barrel easily like a pea-shooter. Check your velocity over the chrono too, the more consistent it is the more accurate your shooting will be.

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Be aware of paint grade too. Poor grade paint will fly all over the place, ive fired pants paint out of geo 3s and it doesnt fly straight. All the gun can do is project the ball out of the barrel, once its done that the ball's aerodynamics take over. If you buy good paint you'll notice an immediate difference. For example, Formula 13 is slightly better than polar ice, GI 1* is better than formula 13 but still has inconsistancy issues, GI 3* is bloody good for the price and flys well. Anything like Evil, 5*, or Dye CG is off the chart but the price reflects this and only the higher end markers will be able to handle it. Put that through a BT Delta and you've liquidised £50.

Jamie pomfrey

Feb 21, 2013
ok cool cheers thanks peeps, i was just gob smacked by how some of these scenario guns were getting some serious range and hitting people including myself lol but like my rail range was no where competing i had to dodge a few get a little bit closer then use the speed of the gun as my advantage thrashing paint out, yer im using air bottles 2 lots of 3000 psi 0.8l just cba with buying a bigger bottle so i use 2 lol also far cheaper still can shoot 6/7 pods plus hopper through using both bottles, i chrono usually around 280, and im also using GI paint think its grade 1?

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
If you're talking about NvS big game what was the chrono limit, it was 300fps last time i went, if it still is and you're chronoing at 280 then other people have a distance advantage on you anyway.

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
The paint grade wont affect range as such. Obviously the better the grade, the better itll fly therefore going further in a straight line. Whereas crap paint will just curve off and disappear. Also, it doesnt matter what kind of gun you have, if the chrono is 280 then a bt delta will throw out the ball at 280 fps just the same as a geo 3. DIfferent guns dont have different ranges unless they're on different velocity. I could fire a ball out of a 98 at 350fps and its going to go further than one fired out of a geo 3 at 280fps. However, if they're both set to the same velocity then they're both firing the ball out at the same speed. For example, a peugeot travelling at 60 mph is not going any faster than a ferrari travelling at 60mph.