Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New player advice on gear

AK247

Feb 1, 2011
hello, i've been playing more recently lately, i currently only have access to delta force centres it seems as i live in west london
average centre's i've been to are hemel hempstead, surrey and slough

each centre seems to be using the "Inferno MKII" marker, which seems alright, but i think the accuracy of it is terrible, i was looking into taking my own gear to the centre and was wondering what would be a good option

i'm mainly looking for markers that are extremely accurate, rather than just spraying paint in a given direction considering 100 shots is £7-8

if anyone could tell me centres or walkon places that are anywhere near me (postcode UB2) and also some gear with reasons to why it's better than the standard delta force marker, please do

i also don't mind getting upgrades and such for a marker

SabreWolf

Jan 25, 2005
Manchester
none
Depends on your budget, but for £200 - £300 you could get an EGO ETEK 3 which i dont really need to go into why it's better, lets just say in all aspects it is a million times better than your rec day markers.

This marker straight out of the box shoots like a dream, it has an electronic trigger, its accurate and it's hardwearing and looks cool and above all doesnt cost the earth.

Check it out here

shaggy88

Dec 1, 2010
starter markers

i got an 08 pmr camo ultralite for my first gun its good, was cheap enough and fires well, if your in west london, bricket wood is a good site and lips is probably your best shop to go to, if your not to technical and want a simple reliable marker, get an invert mini

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
Just wear i was 8 weeks ago :)

The one thing i can and will tell you, the same as everyone told me, once you start to get some gear, you will probably find that you don't go near the 'delta force' type sites, i came here asking the exact same question, and was told the same thing, even though i thought i would, when you can get paint @£30 for 2000 :eek: at a walk-ons the fun soon starts :)

Have a red through my thread, should tell you everything you need to know, and give you some ideas.

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?141247-Complete-beginner-any-advice-welcome-please-)

cheers and welcome :thumb:

AK247

Feb 1, 2011
thanks for the replys

i'll have a loot at the stuff you lot are talking about, ideally i just want a gun that is very, very accurate, as i don't want to see a guy and take numerous shots at him, till one bullet just decides to go where i'm aiming

i don't mind spending the money, as long as it gets me a very noticeable increase in the standard markers

is it possible for someone to tell me which markers are known to have the best range and accuracy

i'm not looking for RoF and capacity

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
From my limited experiences m8, i fired about 10 or so different markers since i started and everyone of them is more accurate, and fires rings around site stuff So its all about finances really m8, what's your price range ??

thats all it depends on, but even some of the £80 markers (second hand) will shoot rings around a 'site' gun.

if you give everyone here some king of price range, they will sort you out with some great idea's but as i said, you can spend £80 to £1200 and hundreds of choices in the middle.

AK247

Feb 1, 2011
i was hoping people would generally give me setup packages and a price for them and i would decide myself how much to spend

in general though is it possible to buy just a marker and i'll use the sites other equipment till i get some cash for my own, that way i can spend a bit more on a good marker and later get other equipment.

also i don't think i will be able to go walk ons and such, unless they let you rent gear from them as my friends will be unable to go.

for general price on marker, i would say £200 give or take a bit, depending on the advantages of the pricier ones

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
One thing you'll need to be careful of though is what gas your marker will use. Ideally you'll want to use HPA if you're buying an electro-marker instead of CO2, which the MarkII's use. This means you'll also need to get your own tank to use that gas.
A problem with punter sites like delta force is that a lot of them don't have HPA (high pressure air) filling stations, which means once your tank is empty, there's not much chance of filling it up again that day. Although almost all walk-ons will have hpa filling stations, but not the public rental sites like you say you aim to go to, which will limit the places you can play at.

SabreWolf

Jan 25, 2005
Manchester
none
He shouldnt have a problem getting air, 90% of sites across the UK use air and not Co2, and most have their own site steel air bottles.